Fortress Leichhardt = 5112 fans.

• Banned

I know there was a thousand reasons not to attend todays game(I know I didnt) but 5112 fans must be the lowest crowd ever for this JV and must surely be the lowest attended game in nearly 30 years.I must admit I am slowly warming to the idea of playing at bigger stadiums where at least a steady guaranteed income is assured.I want to put forward a few ideas to all Wests Tigers fans.Firstly what if we decided to bite the bullet and say to the government ok we agree to give up Leichhardt if you give us the new stadium at Campbelltown(six home games C’town 6 Anz with other codes to use new C’town stadium aswell).Also re brand the Balmain and Wests Harold Matts and Sg Ball sides so that they are two teams Wests tigers(Macarthur area)and Wests Tigers(Inner west).It further Isolates the old Wests and Balmain and gives the Macarthur a stronger Identity with the Wests tigers and it should help alleviate misplaced fears from old Balmain types we will re-become wests magpies(wont happen in 100 years)Also for the old Balmain types upset at losing Leichhardt(Im one of them but I think its time)I think this could be offset by bringing our whole Keebra park experiment and relocating that to Holy Cross College at Ryde.Surely its more cost effective and It would also do a great deal to improve The game of league at grass roots level in the inner west and strengthen the bond that rugby league has held in the inner west area for over 100 years.Also with Wests Tigers being based at Anz stadium the holy cross team could enjoy the thrill of training with our holden Cup and occasionally first graders at much improved conditions at Anz stadium as opposed to our current head office/dump which is concord.This really would be a great pathway to success.

• The Govt has made it clear where it stands on stadium policy… there will be no new stadium no matter what we give up.
    A shiny new stadium wont help crowds much if we continue to play like we have the last month & a half.
    Cutting Keebra only reduces our juniors pool and will make no difference to Holy X, and I hardly think that will appease anyone upset over no games at LO which imo is a long way off just yet…if at all.
    More to do with everyone rowing in the same direction, the team together, playing well and being in contention for finals…crowds will improve

• Good ideas.

• @Ink,totally agree with your comments,especially with going in the one direction,playing well and more so if the team is winning and finals bound…WATCH the crowds flock back like never before…the new board must take control of the crap that derailed 2014season… 😃 😃

• Banned

@innsaneink:

The Govt has made it clear where it stands on stadium policy… there will be no new stadium no matter what we give up.
    A shiny new stadium wont help crowds much if we continue to play like we have the last month & a half.
    Cutting Keebra only reduces our juniors pool and will make no difference to Holy X, and I hardly think that will appease anyone upset over no games at LO which imo is a long way off just yet…if at all.
    More to do with everyone rowing in the same direction, the team together, playing well and being in contention for finals…crowds will improve

There most certainly is plans for a new stadium or a big upgrade.Im saying cutting keebra and bring those kids from keebra down to Sydney.Most of the kids are brought over from Nz anyhow so we would have more juniors at our disposal not less especially for SG ball etc.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/mayor-ned-mannoun-says-liverpool-should-be-home-to-sydneys-next-sports-colosseum/story-fni0cwl5-1226994537208

• Jerry How much do you think that the Keebra Park program actually costs the Tigers ???

• Jerry
    The mayor pushing his own barrow with his very own article is not ‘‘plans’’

Keebra are a state High
    Holy X catholic
    One state Govt funded, the other one private…. you cant go round telling a 100 plus year old institution what they should do they will laugh at you…the factors I point out will pose plenty of problems here regardless

• i am pretty sure the crowd would have been just as miserable at a bigger stadium…. 2 of the bottom teams in horrible conditions…

the $30 general admission tickets yesterday were a gee up though…

• $30 for gen ad at LO while you can get 7 games for $50 at Homebush. Surely the new board cant be as stupid as the last one. This issue must be at the top of their list.

• I actually thought it was a good crowd in the circumstances. I was there. I expected less than 3,000 in the circumstances.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Was it the lowest crowd for any game all year?

I think Cambo was ~6k which was the lowest all year and we beat our own record?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I love Leichhardt Oval and have attended all games there this year. And I have attended most games at Campbelltown also this year, but it just isn’t working anymore.

I think the club just needs to bite the bullet and play one game against a Sydney club at both Leichardt and Campbelltown and play the rest at ANZ?

The financial benefits would be enormous for the club, and let’s face it the facilities are far better for player and spectator at ANZ.

• I have been saying it all year that we need to move forward and thats one home ground at ANZ

• I think you will find that one of the first decisions made by the new board will be to focus on more games at ANZ.- makes financial sense especially when they are acting on behalf of the JV not the Wests/ Balmain factions. We need more money - easy way to get it, especially when they look at the poor crowd attendances this year.

• That size crowd was to be expected given the way we’ve been playing.

Recent Topics