Ground announcer quits

• Tommy Herschell has been the Wests Tigers ground announcer for the past 3 years. In the lead up to yesterday’s game, he walked away from the club. He posted this statement on Twitter.

• All the very best Tommy and thank you for your great service,It goes to show that internal factional fighting affects everyone,he has high praise for Potter,could that mean Potter may have support from within…just asking… 😃

• @TrueTiger:

All the very best Tommy and thank you for your great service,It goes to show that internal factional fighting affects everyone,he has high praise for Potter,could that mean Potter may have support from within…just asking… 😃

About 5 staff resigned on friday after telling GM they could no longer work under him!!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I do get the impression, based on my limited insight into the situation, that the fault of much of what is happening can be laid at the feet of Grant Mayer.

• Why is he making statements as if he’s relevant?

• @GNR4LIFE:

Why is he making statements as if he’s relevant?

He is replying to me on Twitter when I asked. Not statements out of nothing. The fact staff have to quit because of conditions at the club have to make you wonder what the hell is happening.

• @azsportza:

@GNR4LIFE:

He is replying to me on Twitter when I asked. Not statements out of nothing. The fact staff have to quit because of conditions at the club have to make you wonder what the hell is happening.

Conditions or Mayer Az ??

• @azsportza:

@GNR4LIFE:

The screenshot you posted in your OP looks very much like a statement thanking Humphries and co.

• People quit jobs all the time - ground announcer its not exactly significant

• @tottie:

@TrueTiger:

All the very best Tommy and thank you for your great service,It goes to show that internal factional fighting affects everyone,he has high praise for Potter,could that mean Potter may have support from within…just asking… 😃

About 5 staff resigned on friday after telling GM they could no longer work under him!!!

The Media Manager and Payroll Manager plus the first Doctor also left during the year.

I respect and like Potter but he just can’t coach.
    Mr Twitter on the other hand has very little respect and needs to be shown the door or we will just have the same thing again next year.

• What the hell is happening at the top. Ruining our club and our chances to attract big name players.

• @azsportza:

@GNR4LIFE:

I’ve heard that one of the senior and long serving staff who ran game days was sacked on Friday, not by Mayer, but by one of the commercial executives under directive from Mayer. No real explanation was given but after being informed of the sacking Mayer also requested that he/she work the game before leaving on Monday, however understandably was told where to shove it.

Some people may have noticed that during the NYC game yesterday we didn’t have a ground announcer or any ball boys. This is because as azsportza showed the ground announcer heard of how the game day person had been sacked and walked away in protest (probably shows how highly he/she was seen within the other staff). The ballboys are also the two sons of the staff member - so not the smartest decision by Mayer so far.

I’ve heard rumblings about some discontent among the staff about Mayer, mainly surrounding how he’s treated some senior and long term staff in their departures (Cuzzo was one of them, the merch manager, a couple of membership staff).

If what I’ve heard above is true (it’s come from a fairly reputable source who has been right many times about WT issues before), it’s not a great show of Mayer’s management. The last thing we need in the current situation is more issues becoming public about stagg members being treated poorly.

• @Benjirific:

@azsportza:

@GNR4LIFE:

I’ve heard that one of the senior and long serving staff who ran game days was sacked on Friday, not by Mayer, but by one of the commercial executives under directive from Mayer. No real explanation was given but after being informed of the sacking Mayer also requested that he/she work the game before leaving on Monday, however understandably was told where to shove it.

Some people may have noticed that during the NYC game yesterday we didn’t have a ground announcer or any ball boys. This is because as azsportza showed the ground announcer heard of how the game day person had been sacked and walked away in protest (probably shows how highly he/she was seen within the other staff). The ballboys are also the two sons of the staff member - so not the smartest decision by Mayer so far.

I’ve heard rumblings about some discontent among the staff about Mayer, mainly surrounding how he’s treated some senior and long term staff in their departures (Cuzzo was one of them, the merch manager, a couple of membership staff).

If what I’ve heard above is true (it’s come from a fairly reputable source who has been right many times about WT issues before), it’s not a great show of Mayer’s management. The last thing we need in the current situation is more issues becoming public about stagg members being treated poorly.

Won’t the DT be running this as back page news by the end of the week

Just to add some more petrol to the dying fire

• aah so from the board to the ball boys, everyone hates each other.

Recent Topics