My biggest worry with new board

• I read that Grant Mayer is to report to the new board about who should be coach my biggest concern with this is that a very high % of Tigers fans want the first thing the new board to do is sack Grant Mayer.

• With the recent post that there were five staff, who quit because they could not work with Grant Mayer, suggests he may be the first to go. I wonder how he rated in the Brian Smith report.

• @MightyMaggy:

With the recent post that there were five staff, who quit because they could not work with Grant Mayer, suggests he may be the first to go. I wonder how he rated in the Brian Smith report.

Not necessarily. Each CEO has their own style, it may mean the five that left just can’t work that way. Not always a bad thing. An opportunity to bring in new blood more in line with the new approach.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Mike, what new approach are you talking about? Or are you just hoping there’ll be a new approach? And, if there is, what should it be?

• You could look at this two ways: 1) Staff can’t work with Mayer or 2) He is listening to the criticism of how the club operates and is taking some decisive action. Who knows?

• In the 14 months Mayer has been CEO, his performance has been well below par.
    Once his contract expires, he should be asked to leave.

• The biggest worry about the new board will be who is advising them with the on field stuff

They will making decisions based on the GM’s call in many cases and if we get this appointment wrong we are buggered

• @LCA:

Mike, what new approach are you talking about? Or are you just hoping there’ll be a new approach? And, if there is, what should it be?

The approach of not letting the inmates run the asylum, and some just don’t like it. The CEO is doing it his way and that’s the way it should be. It’s up to the new board to decide if this is the path that should be taken.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Recent Topics