Bodene Thompson

• From what I can tell Bodene is currently unsigned for 2015.

Having a look at our forwards and their work rates etc, apart from Farah, Bodene almost makes 40 tackles per game, a number of crucial tackles as well, he excels in the 2nd row for us and has been handy during games when injuries occur by filling in at centre. Since Fulton has been injured and now retired I think Bodene has filled that role very well for us as well.

Throw in the few tries he scores as well and IMO he is a very under rated player at our club.

I know its impossible to retain every player, but IMO whichever club gets Bodene will be very fortunate. If we compare Bodene to Blair, Halatau, Galloway, Buchannon etc there is just no comparison that Bodene offers so much more.

What’s the general consensus towards Bodene ?

• He should be offered a new deal IMO … He’s a keeper … Agree with all of your OP !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Good defender that hits like a truck with untapped attacking potential. Given the right structure and quality ball I think he could be a really classy second rower.

• Bodene was my player of the season just ahead of Blake. Have always thought Thompson was a good footballer and I think he has been a great pickup for the tigers. Hope he gets a deserved new contract

• WT diehard,agree,Bodenes work rate doesn’t get the recognition it deserves at times,great back rower and handy centre when needed.would like him at the club next year,I think he is a real goer……

• ForumSupporter

Loved the way he smashed his chest after his second TRY yesterday…he improved a lot this year…every club needs a player like Bodene,I would extend his stay

• It’s amazing that he hasn’t been signed , i was thinking that while watching the game yesterday

• Unsung hero of the last few seasons,

• Geo,could you put some of his improvement down to Potters coaching,he really came good at the back end of this year….

• Definite keeper based on 2014 performances

I can’t remember how many times the three defenders making tackles I noted were Thompson ,Woods and Farah

Canberra have lots of bucks to offer him though , that is the problem

• Yes ……Its so easy to sometimes concentrate only on the Taupau’s and Gavets when they are tearing up the opposition, but every team needs players like Bodene, although not in the same class as a Sam Burgess, Bodene reminds me of big Sam, does a lot of tackling and is not shy in attack either…always seems to put in his 100% for the team and leaves everything he has on the field and regularly plays 80 minutes.

I was very happy for him on Sat for the 2 tries he scored…very well deserved by a player who does not get many wraps but I do notice his work rate most weeks even in a losing side.

• Bodene has been a unsung hero for mine - definate keeper

• He’s been offered a new 2 year deal. Ball is now firmly in Bodene’s court !

• Freaking love my boy Bodene. Makes many tackles, and always runs hard in attack. The way he pounded his chest after scoring made me proud to be a Tigers fan. SIGN HIM UP!

• No fuss player who knows his job and does it well.

Recent Topics