Recruitment for 2015

• So I was reading on zerotackle the player movements for 2015 and we are the only club, along with the Dragons, who haven’t made one signing for 2015. Absolutely piss week imo. Not only have we not signed anyone, we haven’t even been in the market, or been linked to anyone. At least the Dragons look likely to sign Willie Mason. Us on the other hand, our big name recruits were our 2 mid season signings, Sila and Lodge. Or Woods was a marquee signing too if you believe Mayer’s political spin 😒

Absolute disgrace that we could finish the yr the way we did, and not even be in the market to sign anyone, especially when Fulton and Anasta would have been on okay coin, surely a few bucks would have been freed up. I know the club is shambolic atm, and i understand they wouldn’t be able to attract guys that are marquee, but ffs at least showing a bit of interest would make us all feel better that they are trying to improve the playing roster. At the end of next season, one of, if not both Galloway and Lawrence have to go, and we need a full on assault of the player market, similar to the Panthers raid last yr.

End rant

Here’s the player movement article if anyone is interested
    http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/player-movements/

• Isn’t Fulton being counted under the cap next year?

• @Cultured Bogan:

Isn’t Fulton being counted under the cap next year?

Thats ridiculous if true.

• @Cultured Bogan:

Isn’t Fulton being counted under the cap next year?

No

And neither was Tuiaki or Dwyer

• Off season will change this.
    Jus wait…

• We haven’t signed anybody from outside the club, but we also have re-signed like a dozen local players for next season. Better to breed players than buy them. We’ve had the best kids in the country for the past couple of years. If you don’t give them chances they’ll leave. Some real future stars in our juniors, who haven’t even played a game in NRL yet!

Not much out there at the moment either, and with uncertainty regarding the whole club and coach no-one from outside the club would want anything to do with us, yet. Be realistic guys.

And who would be doing the recruitment, seeing we have neither a general manager nor a coach signed for next season?

Players may be released in the off season so some talent may open up over the coming months. Hopefully if we sign Griffin or Walters we may be able to get a Bronco or two.

• Kevin Nigama
    Dominic Perioux
    Sorry about the spelling

• We have told 4 players to look elsewhere, so if they are moved on, we maybe active in the market, however, I wouldn’t expect any marquee signings.

They will just be depth.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I don’t think they will move on. They are still on contract and it’s been so comfortable at Wests Tigers.

• @Newtown:

I don’t think they will move on. They are still on contract and it’s been so comfortable at Wests Tigers.

Could be right mate, however most aren’t established first graders, and if they aren’t on our priority list for keeping, it maybe in their best interest to try and establish themselves else where.

Will see how it all ends up.

Might get some cap space out of it. Moltzen should go to canberra. It’s his best shot.

• ForumSupporter

Who decent is out there to sign???..would much rather lock in the youth which they have front load some contracts then lash out in 2016 on positions we need …

• To an extent I can understand why the tigers have not anyone yet for next season. With a new CEO, board and likely new coach I for one would not want to see a repeat of the sheens legacy.
    The new coach should have the prime say in player retention and recruitment.

• Surely we must be looking at feliti Mateo?!

Warriors want him gone and our backrow is our real weak point

• @Tigersmurf:

Kevin Nigama
    Dominic Perioux
    Sorry about the spelling

Are you suggesting they have signed or that you would like them to be?
    For me yes to Nagama and no to the other.

• @Geo.:

Who decent is out there to sign???..would much rather lock in the youth which they have front load some contracts then lash out in 2016 on positions we need …

Mahe Fonua ,Kirisome Auva’a, Todd Carney ,Ben Hannant

Props galore actually

I know that two of these players are tainted , but if we don’t take them someone else will

Do we want to remain clean skins with a no DH policy or a contender ??

I want to be competitive and want results

Recent Topics