Waratah to fix Tigers mess

• Banned

Waratahs chief executive Jason Allen is the hot tip to get the newly-created Wests Tigers general manager job. Allen is highly regarded in rugby union circles and looks set to vie for the position with veteran coach Brian Smith.
    It was Smith’s internal review of the Tigers that brought to light all the problems at the club that resulted in their crashing and burning out of the finals race.
    Whoever gets the job will face a massive task getting the mess that is the Tigers back into a smoothly functioning club.
    Players have had too much say and will need to be brought into line, while the Tigers need to find a coach in a hurry.
    Mick Potter will meet with the board this week but is long odds to keep his job after the Tigers bombed out of the finals race in both his years at the helm.
    Assistant coaches David Kidwell and Todd Payten are the favourites for then job, with Jason Taylor and Anthony Griffin also in the hunt.

• He’d have to be a better option than Smith.

• Banned

If smith gets this gig him and Mayer will drag us further down the shithouse and mark my words Taylor will be our coach and smiths puppet

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I’ll go out on a limb and say if Smith is chosen as GM Potter will stay as coach

Potter was Saints captain while Smith was coach in the early 90’s

They couldn’t possibly choose a Union guy when the GM will be so crucial dealing with the new board

• ForumSupporter

Wow Smith was hired to write a report which recommended a GM of Football operations be put in place and surprise surprise he is linked to the job…seems legit…

• @Geo.:

Wow Smith was hired to write a report which recommended a GM of Football operations be put in place and surprise surprise he is linked to the job…seems legit…

This does not surprise me one bit , Smith is as Shifty as they come .
    Talk about Mafia happening at our club , i suppose i can apply for the General Manager’s secretary , someone’s got to make Brian Smith his Coffees :bash

• @Geo.:

When you go through the list as much as we probably don’t want him he is probably the best person for the job …… for 2 years anyway

After that we will all grab our pitchforks and run him out of town

But we will be in a far better place by that stage

• I like the idea of having someone outside of league coming in. He knows the Sydney sporting market but comes to us with totally fresh eyes. Another league would probably turn up with pre conceived ideas.

• @gallagher:

I like the idea of having someone outside of league coming in. He knows the Sydney sporting market but comes to us with totally fresh eyes. Another league would probably turn up with pre conceived ideas.

By all means give Allen the CEO’s position

But not the GM’s position , have a look at the job description again

• @happy tiger:

@gallagher:

I like the idea of having someone outside of league coming in. He knows the Sydney sporting market but comes to us with totally fresh eyes. Another league would probably turn up with pre conceived ideas.

Fair point. Do Penrith have both a CEO and GM?

• Yes, and so will we. Grant Mayer is our CEO and he should get punted imo.

This Allen guy has turned the Waratahs into the bloody champions! As if we don’t want him. Make him CEO and give Smith the GM job.

• Jason Allen joined Waratahs Rugby in November 2010 after two
    years as Chief Executive of the South Australian Motor Sport
    Board, the organisation responsible for Australia’s largest and
    most-awarded sporting event, the Clipsal 500 V8 Supercars race.

A passionate rugby supporter, Mr Allen has over 20 years’
    experience of building and growing organisations, having held a
    variety of senior executive positions with blue chip companies
    across Australia, including senior roles for Carlton United Breweries
    and Southcorp Wines, and National General Manager of Consumer
    Sales for Vodafone Australia.

Mr Allen was responsible for Vodafone’s joint major sponsorship of
    the Port Adelaide AFL Club and also served on the club’s Marketing
    Executive. His passion for the greater community has seen him sit
    on a number of Boards, including Variety South Australia. Until
    recently he was a Chairman’s Club Member and Ambassador of the
    Port Adelaide AFL Club.

• https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-allen/b/a19/7a3

I like his list of skills!

• Quite a resume. I’m excited that we are finally looking at these type of people to run the club. And things are happening quickly too.
    The playing group with influence would be concerned no doubt.

• @gallagher:

@happy tiger:

@gallagher:

Fair point. Do Penrith have both a CEO and GM?

Yes Warren Wilson I think is the CEO

Recent Topics