Wests Tigers asked to move to Carnes Hill

The Mayor of Liverpool wants the Wests Tigers out at their $43 million dollar complex and away from Concorde.Would bring them closer to Campbelltown and to greater rugby league heartland.I don’t know anything about Carnes Hill but obviously some of my forum friends can enlighten me with the possibilities, and would it be a good move for us…Any thoughts please fellow forumers. 😉 😉

No complaints from me. 5 mins from my house.

Forgot to tell you ,The MacArthur Cronicle published this article today……

http://www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/business/carnes-hill-precinct

Lets hope liverpool council isnt just hot air like Leichhardt and cambelltown councils and have something solid about the proposal.

GNR4Life…where is it exactly,I live in the Southern Highlands and Iam not familiar with the area known as Carnes Hill…

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/macarthur/liberal-liverpool-mayor-ned-mannoun-to-steal-wests-tigers-from-campbelltown/story-fngr8h70-1227051844429

Al I ever hear from Campbelltown council is whinging about us. A training base closer to Sydney would be more benefial in my opinion.

Never really understood why a joint venture between a club based in Ashfield and a club based in Five Dock would want to go that far away. Concord should remain the reference while our club is funded and supported in the inner west

I agree with BB2. Concord makes most sense to me

@TrueTiger:

Forgot to tell you ,The MacArthur Cronicle published this article today……

About 15 mins out of Liverpool.

Lol, what a stupid idea…. The facility doesn’t even have a football field…

if they chip in to upgrade our training facilities, idc even if they move to dubbo

Ahh music to my ear. Carnes Hill is central. 2 minutes from M7 exit, Close to the entrance of Camden Valley Way and not to far from the new rail link.The new facility they are talking about is due to commence works early 2015. I have seen the plans in its current format there is no stadium?.I know the mayor Ned So I’m going to try to get some first hand information.

GNR8 we are probably neighbours

@Boonboon2:

Never really understood why a joint venture between a club based in Ashfield and a club based in Five Dock would want to go that far away. Concord should remain the reference while our club is funded and supported in the inner west

Have you seen the facilities at Concord Oval….third word standard at best…Maybe it’s time to re-arrange the Gym again…

Move to the Olympic Park precinct … Infrastructure already in place with state of the Aquatic centre Gymnasium and training field facilities…

Geo,Olimpic Park sounds ok,but if they want them more out towards Liverpool,what is wrong with Campbelltown Stadium as a training base,I don’t know much about the facilities there but the stadium is alright…Do you know anything about the facilities and are they better than Concorde… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.