NYC Team Announcement: Finals, Wk. 1

NYC Team Announcement: Finals, Wk. 1

Tue 9th September, 03:44PM
A A
Wests Tigers NYC Coach Andrew Webster has named his side to take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs in their elimination final on Friday, September 12.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 5:15pm AEST at Allianz Stadium.

1. Mason Farrell
2. John Tohi
3. Watson Heleta
4. Delouise Hoeter
5. John Ogden
6. Te Maire Martin (capt.)
7. Eli Levido
8. Dallas Graham (capt.)
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Jordan Grant
11. Salesi Funaki
12. Lamar Liolevave
13. Andrew Kazzi

Interchange:
14. Hala Masila
15. Tyler Cassel
16. Sione Alofi
19. Matthew Lodge
24. Daniel Rakvin

Coach: Andrew Webster

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/09/09/nyc_team_announcement_finals_wk_1.html

A pity Cherrington isn’t there but this is still a fairly handy side who should knock over Souths provided they’re switched on.

i’ve read the qualification rules heaps of times but i still forget.

regardless of the rules, i find it stupid that brooks/moses who are still 19 cant play holden cup finals coz they played too many nrl/state cup games.

What is the story with Cherrington

@tig_prmz:

i’ve read the qualification rules heaps of times but i still forget.

regardless of the rules, i find it stupid that brooks/moses who are still 19 cant play holden cup finals coz they played too many nrl/state cup games.

Why?
Luke Brooks has played precisely 0 Holden Cup games this year, why should he take someone else’s (in this case, Levido’s) spot in the team who earnt the right to play in the finals?

Moses is elgible so I am expecting him to play, also Cherrington may be a late inclusion.

@Milky:

Moses is elgible so I am expecting him to play, also Cherrington may be a late inclusion.

What make Moses eligible?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

I’m surprised and annoyed that Mitch Moses isn’t eligible here.

I think it’s fair enough that Moses and brooks can’t play . Imagine being in the team ,(you’ve made the finals) and then you get told you won’t be playing in the semis because brooks and Moses are coming back into the team … I’d be pissed !!!

Here are eligibility rules
a) A player will be eligible to play in the final series of matches in the competition in which he played the majority of or equal number of premiership games prior to the final series commencing.

b) The player has participated in a minimum of eight (8) premiership games in that competition prior to the final series commencing.

c) A player will be eligible to play in the final series providing the higher grade (NRL) is still competing in the NRL competition.

d) A player who has qualified in a lower level or a player who has qualified to play in the NYC Competition Final Series will still be eligible to play in the VB NSW Cup Final Series.

@hobbo2803:

I think it’s fair enough that Moses and brooks can’t play . Imagine being in the team ,(you’ve made the finals) and then you get told you won’t be playing in the semis because brooks and Moses are coming back into the team … I’d be pissed !!!

Someone is “pissed”.

@flash:

@hobbo2803:

Someone is “pissed”.

Politics Flash… There is no reasonable explanation why this is happening except for political BS.

No wonder we lose so many kids!

Levido only came into the side when Moses moved up a grade. Levido still hasn’t really nailed a spot down with his erratic performances. And this team desperately needs a goal kicker.

If Moses was to replace Levido, with Levido replacing Alofi on the bench (why is a fullback who’s been injured for 5 months named to make a comeback off the bench in a finals game anyway??) then so be it. If Levido is pissed at his demotion, that’s fair enough but its for the good of the team.

Same goes with Marshall if Cherrington is fit, Marshall drops out or fights with Levido for the becnn spot. (goodbye levido)

And i see you deleted your comment about being pissed flash? Who was it that was pissed by your comment about someone being pissed?

All those changes make sense BB…

@Balmain Boy:

Levido only came into the side when Moses moved up a grade. Levido still hasn’t really nailed a spot down with his erratic performances. And this team desperately needs a goal kicker.

If Moses was to replace Levido, with Levido replacing Alofi on the bench (why is a fullback who’s been injured for 5 months named to make a comeback off the bench in a finals game anyway??) then so be it. If Levido is pissed at his demotion, that’s fair enough but its for the good of the team.

Same goes with Marshall if Cherrington is fit, Marshall drops out or fights with Levido for the becnn spot. (goodbye levido)

Levido is playing from what I hear, so its someone else who will be pushed out if Moses plays.