What rules would you change

• I’ve got one that really irritates me .
    When did they change the rule about the defending team only having one foot on (or somewhere in the vicinity) of the goal line when the ball is being played near the line.
    It used to be Both feet Behind the line The way it is now the outside defenders are almost always in front of the line with both feet ( On tv it stands out like the proverbial). It normally results in at least one side of the field being shut off to the attacking team and is seldom penalised.

Even if the Touchies actually look across the line , it’s almost impossible to see from the side if Everyones foot is on the line, as there are legs everywhere.
    At times the defenders front legs are level with or behind the dummy half. It’s a joke
    If it went back to what the rule was and every defender had to have both feet behind the goalline
    The touchies would have a clear view along the line and attackers would’nt have defending wingers standing a metre off side.

The other one is Penalise the Wrestling out of the game.
    I dont care how many penalties are blown in games Keep blowing them untill the Coaches get the message. It will stop if the league had the guts to do it
    If it takes half a season to eradicate it from the game, Tough !!! at least in the end we will have the real game back again with out Bellamy’s scourge
    Did anyone notice that when the crackdown on Wrestling , Hands on the ball and all rest of the crud , was on in the first 7 or 8 rounds how much faster the game was.
    It certainly helped Tigers
    The League has no guts and as soon as we have a few games with a lot of penalties they back off.I’d rather put up with whatever it takes to get rid of the rubbish for good

• Reward one on one tackles
    • CONSISTENTLY penalise or tell players to PTB on their marks
    • field goal attempts or kicks from inside opp 30 shouldn’t get 7 tackles
    • clear up obstruction calls- i have nfi how but please do it.

Those are the main ones that I can think of ATM. Game has becoming very boring

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• I agree 100% about the defence standing in front of the try line when the attacking team is playing the ball 10 metres or less from the try line. If the attacking team has done all the hard work to get less than 10 metres from the try line (with sometimes 5 tackles to spare) the likelihood from the games I have seen this year is that the attacking does not score and often kicks on the last tackle with the ball over the deal ball line. The advantage the attacking team is heavily evaporated with the defence starting a 7 tackle set from their 22 metre line.

• Playing the ball straight, on the mark and with your foot. Seems like this season especially the push for a faster game resulted in some absolutely atrocious play the balls that were allowed to play on.

That and the refs ‘coaching’ the players, just blow the penalty. It might slow the game down, but it won’t take the players long to learn and it adds more consistency.

• @goldcoast tiger:

I’ve got one that really irritates me .
    When did they change the rule about the defending team only having one foot on (or somewhere in the vicinity) of the goal line when the ball is being played near the line.
    It used to be Both feet Behind the line The way it is now the outside defenders are almost always in front of the line with both feet ( On tv it stands out like the proverbial). It normally results in at least one side of the field being shut off to the attacking team and is seldom penalised.

Even if the Touchies actually look across the line , it’s almost impossible to see from the side if Everyones foot is on the line, as there are legs everywhere.
    At times the defenders front legs are level with or behind the dummy half. It’s a joke
    If it went back to what the rule was and every defender had to have both feet behind the goalline
    The touchies would have a clear view along the line and attackers would’nt have wingers standing a metre off side.

The other one is Penalise the Wrestling out of the game.
    I dont care how many penalties are blown in games Keep blowing them untill the Coaches get the message. It will stop if the league had the guts to do it
    If it takes half a season to eradicate it from the game, Tough !!! at least in the end we will have the real game back again with out Bellamy’s scourge
    Did anyone notice that when the crackdown on Wrestling , Hands on the ball and all rest of the crud , was on in the first 7 or 8 rounds how much faster the game was.
    It certainly helped Tigers
    The League has no guts and as soon as we have a few games with a lot of penalties they back off.I’d rather put up with whatever it takes to get rid of the rubbish for good

I agree just get the wrestle out of the game maybe banning wrestle coach from all teams would be a start. at the start of the year the refs were getting the players off much quicker and we had some great games it lasted 3 or 4 weeks. remember no tackling above the shoulder lasted 2 months no walking of the mark lasted 2 weeks why cant we get more consistence

• Banned

Speaeby
    Totally agree on the goal line
    Been pulling me hair out it for years about it

Also would love to see play on when a fullback takes it on the full in the in goal are -play on I reckon
    Would create excitement and show case quality safe fullbacks
    Like it used to be
    What ya reckon

• Being held up in goal . If you’re held up in goal you shouldn’t get to go back to the ten meter line and have another shot !!! It doesn’t reward good defence !

Players walking off the mark pisses me off … Inglis is the worse for doing this .

• Banned

Penalise the wrestling and irritating back chatting captains (I’m looking at you Michael!) and bring back the shoulder charge because I like it!

• We get twice as many penalties as the opposition every week

Back to one ref

Every player involved in a melee gets one week suspension

If the opposition hasn’t cleared the ruck by the time the ref counts to three penalty and if a side gets penalized three times in five minutes someone automatically goes to the bin for 5 (preferably captain )

5 minute sin bin

Chicken wings ,crusher tackles automatic 6 week minimum suspension

• Abolish the rule for punching on and shoulder charge. Game is degenerating into a grubfest because smart arses can lip away without being sorted out. Shoulder charges are epic when executed correctly. If first contact is made with the head you get 8 weeks. That’s a way to ensure players don’t get away with dangerous attempts.

• ForumSupporter

Kids on the field to charge for the corner post at full-time

• @happy tiger:

We get twice as many penalties as the opposition every week

Back to one ref

If the opposition hasn’t cleared the ruck by the time the ref counts to three penalty and if a side gets penalized three times in five minutes someone automatically goes to the bin for 5 (preferably captain )

5 minute sin bin

Only problem Happy , is that you have assumed all the Refs can count to three.

• @goldcoast tiger:

@happy tiger:

Back to one ref

5 minute sin bin

No ,that’s when the crowd participation comes in :slight_smile:

• Interchange limited to 4.

You get 2 others to use for concussion replacements which would address the ‘safety’ aspect.

To stop rorting those extra 2 replacements, whoever uses those replacements, that player automatically is ruled out for the following week.

Penalise the wrestle out of the game.

Stop the time limits for drop outs etc. Get on with the game, no BS 40 second time wasting……

Penalize those who are offside in golden point when field goals are being taken. Have the kahunas to deal with that aspect… Anyway, overtime should be played to the full. You can kick as many penalties or field goals that you like, but if you score a try, the game stops. If no tries are scored, the field goals count.

• @happy tiger:

@goldcoast tiger:

@happy tiger:

Back to one ref

5 minute sin bin

No ,that’s when the crowd participation comes in :slight_smile:

You’d have to feel sorry for Rabbits and Dogs supporters though …… not

Recent Topics