The Power Of Mayer

• http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/mick-potters-contract-with-wests-tigers-likely-to-end-20140909-10em4r.html

This has gone beyond a joke - talk about Game of Thrones - I said in an earlier topic that Mayer was the big winner in all this crap - the board are taking recommendations from this cretin without question. How is it that they are not questioning his role in the demise of Mick Potter and the destabilisation of WT in general. I am worried about the direction this club is going with an inexperienced board in NRL terms taking direction from a CEO who is hellbent on getting his own way.

• If anyone should go, it’s Mayer. Seems to be the main culprit for the in-fighting.

• Banned

@Tigerdave:

If anyone should go, it’s Mayer. Seems to be the main culprit for the in-fighting.

I actually think Mayer is trying to instill a winning culture in this club ala Manly and there is those within Wests Tigers that do not want to see that happen as he is removing all the boys club mentality that seems to permeate at the moment.Mayer has been bashed severely in the media this year mainly due to Robbie Farahs mental meltdown with robbies failure to face up to his commitments as a captain and as a team mate so robbie forever the victim just threw Mayer under the bus after the media gave it to him for throwing potter under the bus.This aint the robbie tigers its the Wests Tigers and I believe we need to support Mayer as he fixes the craphole that is currently Wests Tigers.

• Banned

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@Tigerdave:

If anyone should go, it’s Mayer. Seems to be the main culprit for the in-fighting.

I actually think Mayer is trying to instill a winning culture in this club ala Manly and there is those within Wests Tigers that do not want to see that happen as he is removing all the boys club mentality that seems to permeate at the moment.Mayer has been bashed severely in the media this year mainly due to Robbie Farahs mental meltdown with robbies failure to face up to his commitments as a captain and as a team mate so robbie forever the victim just threw Mayer under the bus after the media gave it to him for throwing potter under the bus.This aint the robbie tigers its the Wests Tigers and I believe we need to support Mayer as he fixes the craphole that is currently Wests Tigers.

Your kidding this bloke as a CEO made sure robbies interview was cut so to make robbie look the main instigater by not supporting potter if that is installing a winning culture by back stabbing your club captain you can have him at your work place

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Banned

Okay, Mayer seems like the baddie in all of this….but ask yourselves this.

1. Do the team want to play for Potter?..based on their showings the last 7 weeks NO. Many of the players post the Bulldogs game have simply not put in…Robbie leading the way. Our for and against was the second worst in the NRL this season…by rights we should be running 2nd last!

2. Do you really believe Potter is the right coach to take the WT forward to the next level?..as nice a guy as Potter is NO…

3. The “Brian Smith report” was commissioned by Mayer because: a) The NRL wanted an independent report on the whole club for the new board to understand the state of the nation at the WT and for decsions to be made moving forward in the areas to be “righted” as identifed in the report. - TICK.

4. ONE of the areas of concern identified in the report is player<>coach communication it’s poor,and if you peeps recall this was a big issue last year…clearly this has not improved or been addressed between Potter and the players…

5. Player power still prevails in Concord…as its clear a senior player(s) has been whining about Potter to the old Board…this may have also led to Mayer engaging in the report.

6. Mayer wants to win…we all do…so based on the above how could one endorse a new contract for Potter?..a new start is needed and that will be Mayer’s recommendation…TICK…

So put to one side your perceptions of how big headed Mayer is portrayed…a CEO needs to make tough calls and the tough but right call is to NOT renew POTTER’S contract as the first step to rebuilding this club, its facilities and internal team and creating a new culture… in my view TICK to Mayer and the more power to him!

• @Jerry Seinfeld:

@Tigerdave:

may I say it isn’t mayer tigers its wests tigers .mayer is ceo of the football club which makes him the overseer of ever body in the football club. when the s**t hit the fan where was mayer missing inaction farah and potter were left holding the bag. sorry in my opinion he should have taken control and told every one to pull there big heads in not a whimper from our mighty ceo. :deadhorse: :brick:

• Mayer is the boss. He was missing in action which could be his way of not showing support to the existing coach.
    He was not supportive of the old boys’ club, so Farah will know where he stands.I like Potter, unfortunately, Mayer as CEO has the final say and where it all ends.We will see after 2015 whether he has taken us forward. He came with that reputation and if things have not improved by then, he will be judged on that.Potter could stay, if we could have a manager of the football operations.Smith,Griffin or Taylor could be suitable for the job.

• @MAFIA:

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@Tigerdave:

Your kidding this bloke as a CEO made sure robbies interview was cut so to make robbie look the main instigater by not supporting potter if that is installing a winning culture by back stabbing your club captain you can have him at your work place

Posted using RoarFEED V.4[/

• @goldcoast tiger:

@MAFIA:

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@Tigerdave:

Any chance we could lay off the Farah bashing for a while it’s getting so boring , not to mention that most of it is just sh*t by people who don’t know any more than the rest of us…
    Who’s the next one on the list. Hope our young kids have a thick skin, in case they don’t live up to some of the expectations of some of the posters, next season

• Banned

@goldcoast tiger:

@goldcoast tiger:

@MAFIA:

@Jerry Seinfeld:

Any chance we could lay off the Farah bashing for a while it’s getting so boring , not to mention that most of it is just sh*t by people who don’t know any more than the rest of us…
    Who’s the next one on the list. Hope our young kids have a thick skin, in case they don’t live up to some of the expectations of some of the posters, next season

Mayer has a history of success Farah has a history of bitching about coaches behind their back.These are two facts even robbie himself acknowledges.Sorry to disappoint some of you fools on here but the reason this JV is in the situation it is today is because of all you farah apologists.It was robbie who crawled under the hole in the fence at cambo to hop in the waiting car it was robbie who decided not to train for a week as he went in hiding it was robbie who ran to the media to bitch about mayer(mind you the whole bloody interview was started cause he bitched about potter 15 months earlier to tallis).but a lot of you clowns will come on here and say lay off robbie.Robbie is a very talented player and a very good worker on the field but robbie needs to learn a very big lesson on some anzac style mateship.YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO SOMEONE SAY IT TO THEIR FACE.Dont go bitching to the world.Oh and the way he threw the media manager under the bus was also a disgrace.Every little issue this year has revolved around Robbie vs someone and every time “some” on this forum have jumped to robbies defence.Whether it be Vs Potter Vs Mayer Vs Media manager Vs Sheens or Vs Tallis.MMMMM anyone see the common denominator( who hasnt got vested interest i.e family members of robbie etc. or prays at the same church etc or eats at his restaurant).Im only interested in replies from people who have Wests tigers best interest at heart and not some clown who wants to scream robbie the poor little victim.

• Couldn’t care less if you are interested in my reply or not you are so obviously biased in your opinion of Farah that I wouldn’t expect you would be .
    It just gets boring reading the same rubbish written by someone who knows no more about what went on than anyone else on here , but tries to sound like they do.
    Were you present at all these times that you seem to be an expert on. No
    But you seem to think that you know what really went on. Cra*p
    Talk about Clowns . When Dingbats like you write garbage every day on the same subject , rubbishing the same person , it usually indicates an ingrained prejudiced against that person , like I said , who ,s the next target , Brooks , Moses Tedesco.

At least Farah has put in for this club and has
    carried some of the jackasses that he,s had to play with over the years, and guess what genius? He,ll be back here next year doing it again and you get to watch him in every game. Aren’t we lucky that every coach we’ve had or will have appreciates him for what he brings to the club a lot more than you do.
    What’s your contribution ( apart from being a dribbler).

• ANd by the way Jerry, I’m NOT related to Farah , Don’t eat at his restaurant and Don’t pray at his church(. not that I can see what difference it would make if I did)
    I would have thought that you would have known all that as you seem to know everything else

• Banned

FARAH is the trouble maker hey lmfao we’ll explain to me this dipshit why did our CEO cut that interview of FARAH saying the players supported Potter hmmmmm come on tell me, you will come back with nothing due to the fact Our CEO Mayonaise admitted to cutting it great way to install comraderie in the club

• @MAFIA:

FARAH is the trouble maker hey lmfao we’ll explain to me this dipshit why did our CEO cut that interview of FARAH saying the players supported Potter hmmmmm come on tell me, you will come back with nothing due to the fact Our CEO Mayonaise admitted to cutting it great way to install comraderie in the club

Mayonnaise …… Lmao ! … He’s well past his use by date !

• Banned

How about we lay off Mayer and Farah and just see what happens.

Who knows what Mayer is doing but if he is trying to turn this club into a winning club and he is prepared to make tough decisions then a lot of the stupid comments about him look even more stupid.

Maybe Mayer is exactly what we have been asking for.

Recent Topics