Nathan brown in coaching mix

• News on ch 9 this morning says Nathan Brown now in the mix for tigers coaching job, don’t know accurate this is

• He is my 2nd choice

Wish they would contact Folkes though !!!

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• ForumSupporter

Maybe he could ‘slap’ a few players around ala Barrett style…it’s what they need

• Me and Browny have a mutual friend. He is very keen to get the Tigers job. He is however good mates with Potter. He will not apply for the job unless Potter is sacked out of respect to Mick. A sticking point might be that he wants to bring his own crew in, apparently Payten and Kidwells names are mud at the moment. I hope he gets it.

• Potter was a successful coach in England. Brown is a successful coach in England. Brown does not seem to offer anything that we don’t already have. Potter was not given a chance to bring his own crew with him. Having Mayer advise the board on a coach would be like having Osama bin Laden advising on world peace. Keep Potter.

• I still have to say that I would like Potter to stay for 1year and have a full compliment of first grade players including the young guns,just to see if he can make the final 8 or 4…He really hasn’t been given a proper chance since his appointment last season with everything that has gone on internally as well as horrendous injuries.Kidwell and Payton in my opinion aren’t the answer,affordability is what matters,Brown,Taylor or Griffin won’t come to us for peanuts that we pay Potter.In Potters defence anyone who comes hear as head coach will have great young players lining up for them,thanks to Potters developement… I really think Mick has been hung out to dry by some of the rabble within and I still say his Integrity and dignity are second to none…

• Look people need to understand that every coach who is unemployed will be applying for the gig

That includes Royce Simmons ,Steve Georgallis ,even the Sharks stand in coach

• @happy tiger:

Look people need to understand that every coach who is unemployed will be applying for the gig

Funny you should mention Royce … Just drove past concord and seen a delivery Man drop of witches hats !..
    True !

• @hobbo2803:

@happy tiger:

Look people need to understand that every coach who is unemployed will be applying for the gig

Funny you should mention Royce … Just drove past concord and seen a delivery Man drop of witches hats !..
    True !

Working for Leichhardt City Council now is he ??

• Potter deserves a chance, not given to him in the last 2 years, What a shame? We see give him another year without the sabotage and see how he goes.

• Potter simply can’t stay. We need a fresh start. If he stays there will be conjecture every week over whether he has the support of the playing staff the CEO etc.

Regardless of any public statements, the media will continue to run with this story as long as Potter is here. It destabilises the club and while it’s unfair that Potter was never given a real go, if he wasn’t given a go before why would the club suddenly give him a go now?

Potter just doesn’t seem to have that fire in his belly to get through to the players. It’s all well and good to be a nice guy, but sometime you need someone to be bad cop and shout the crap out of the players. I can’t see Potter doing that.

At least Brown has some NRL experience as a coach, as does Taylor and Griffin. That would put them at the top of the queue. We haven’t done well with appointing rookie coaches: Lamb, Potter…

• @goldcoast tiger:

News on ch 9 this morning says Nathan Brown now in the mix for tigers coaching job, don’t know accurate this is

Apparently Brown has not applied and has not been approached by Wests Tigers. Also I think that he would be very much in the Potter mould.

We need a coach to fire the senior players out of their apathy and to keep up the passion throughout the year. Once the senior players wake up watch our all our younger players take the lead. There are a lot of very capable coaches out there who could fill this criteria and get the club back on its feet.

• Wasn’t Potter the bad cop when he put Marshall on the bench?? Everyone thought he was the ballsiest man in the league to do that.
    Potter has been knifed in the back worse than Kearney at Parra. In my opinion he should get one more year to lead the club. When we had our players and pumping teams like Bunnies, Manly and Titans when they were leading the comp, we were playing some great footy. Our side has been decimated by injury for two straight years. Instead of blaming the coach, apart from the major injuries like dislocated elbows etc, maybe it’s our fitness and physio that is letting us down??

• Payten would be a bad choice in this moment in time , to much conflict of interest

• Brownie is probably one of the better options out there at the moment. I wouldn’t mind him slapping a few of the players every now and then either.

Recent Topics