Potters meeting with the new board.

• Mick Potter was expected to meet with the new board on Weds night to plead his case on why he should be kept on as coach.
    According to news.com.au.the new board will have internal meetings and a decision will be made maybe on Friday.Also the West Tigers train on Monday and a coach has to be in place…

Any thoughts guys and girls… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

• This is an easy solution TT

Mick Potter is the coach until November 1 or until told otherwise

It will be business as usual for Mick Potter , as he said in the presso after the Sharks game

Monday morning he was starting to prepare for 2015

• Thanks HT,good luck to him I hope he stays… 😃 😃

• On Grant Mayers report about Potter to the board…

What exactly will be in that report? Don’t you need someone who knows about football to make a recommendation on a coach?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Gee they know how to dramatise and prolong things at this club,Just make a decision either way and execute it.The dramas already been dragged in the media for far to long, why give them more?

• Banned

It would be nice for a change to first hear about this from the club in an “official announcement” rather than speculation via the press…

• You lot crack me up sometimes. Do you really think new board members are just going to pop into a meeting and sack someone they’d never met and know nothing about? Not a chance. They do due diligence as to his strengths and weaknesses and what could potentially be gained or lost by bringing someone else in to replace him.

As they should. If our club made fewer rash decisions in the past we’d be a much stronger club. I don’t see how taking a week, or maybe two, is a long drawn out process.

I’m sure once a decision is made a members email will be the first communication on the announcement.

And Gray, Potter’s report is mostly the Smith report. You know that coach with 600+ games under his belt.

• Massive call for a new board to make, take a extra week or two and make the right call call. Also I hope they are smart and seek advise from not only Grant Mayer and the findings of the Smithy report. This call is the one that will either get this club heading in the right direction or potentially sink it, another year or two like last and we will will perish or be relocated

• Given that nearly every external commentator, of any worth, has had nothing but high praise for Potter this year, let’s hope the new board is as much influenced by the outside view, if not more, as it is of the clearly skewed and agenda driven internal view…

• Given the players didn’t bust their arses to get a win or two for him at the end of the season, and in fact looked like they didn’t even want to go on the field in the first place!That’s hardly a glowing endorsement of the coach by the players.

Usually players will either come out and say things publicly and then go out on the field, all fired up and try to win a few games for their mate who’s in the firing line. None of the players looked like they gave a stuff. That’s either poor man management by Potter or the players not respecting him enough.

Fact is our defence was awful, we had big scores put on us week in week out. this comes down to potter and the defensive strategies employed as a team. Playing up and in defence, with wingers rushing in off their wing simply didn’t work for us and any team with a good half could get around us.

He used the bench extremely poorly at times. Leaving some guys on for way too long, giving others not merely enough time. That’s all Potter not anyone else.

When we were winning games at the start of the season much of it was off the cuff brilliance by Brooks+Teddy that got us points. Many of our games, even our wins were extremely ugly. A team with no idea how to attack.

And so let’s hope the board sied with those who see Potter for an hour or two every second week than those who are by his side everyday? Sure, that makes sense.

He may be a nice guy, but that’s not nearly enough to keep an NRL coaching gig.

• I agree with your sentiments Balmain boy. Potter may be a nice guy but if he is given another contract there will be very few if any left by the middle of next year in the ranks of Wests Tigers fans. Most will have gone to support a club with a little more professionalism. Those still left will be plain nasty and angry.

• @Newtown:

I agree with your sentiments Balmain boy. Potter may be a nice guy but if he is given another contract there will be very few if any left by the middle of next year in the ranks of Wests Tigers fans. Most will have gone to support a club with a little more professionalism. Those still left will be plain nasty and angry.

What strikes me in all this discussion is that two assistant coaches, Kidwell and Payten, are escaping scott free. They had responsibilities and it would appear that they also were incapable of delivering a result for the head coach. If Potter goes, so should these two. In fact, if Potter stays these two should also go.

• I would have thought that if potter goes then it’s sayonara to his assistant’s as well.
    If brown were to get the gig you would think the new broom would bring in his own offsiders, including trainers and conditioners

• @Blackpearl:

I would have thought that if potter goes then it’s sayonara to his assistant’s as well.
    If brown were to get the gig you would think the new broom would bring in his own offsiders, including trainers and conditioners

That is the only way to go. Payten and Kidwell would appear to have seriously breached club loyalty. Best to bring in a new broom and sweep away the tactlessness of 2014. The newcomers consisting of the coach and his own chosen assistants will know what attitudes and behaviours are required to be followed by the club and will be very keen not to go back to any of the previous season’s mistakes.

• Hey Balmainboy andNewtown,let me enlighten you to the fact that the golden haired boys namely Kidwell and Payton both got paid big dollars to be DEFENSIVE coach and assistants to potter in that order ….to lay the blame solely on Potter would be pretty callous…Potter has done extremely well to develope the young kids as he has, the other 2 really in my opinion have absolutely no IDEA…And before you go off and give me the spiel about how Toddy had a lot to do with the kis in NYC,this is the NRL with the big guns and no place for the faint hearted,hence Potter has done a great job with all the garbage he had to put up with… :bash :bash :sign:

Recent Topics