Bellamy lashes Ennis for 'disrespectful act'

• Yahoo7 Sport
    September 15, 2014, 2:52 pm

The ruffling of Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith’s hair has also ruffled the feathers of coach Craig Bellamy, who declared it is time to remove “disrespectful acts” from the game.

Canterbury Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis took on the familiar role of instigator during the first half of his side’s elimination final win over the Storm at AAMI Park on Sunday.
    After an uncharacteristic error from Smith, Ennis approached and provocatively rubbed his opposing captain’s hair.

Following the match, Bellamy agreed with the sentiments of Channel Nine commentator Brett Finch, who reportedly labelled the act a “lack of respect”. “I do [agree] and I think it is,” he said. “I think there’s too much of that happens in our game these days.”

Bellamy also referred to an incident where Storm centre Mahe Fonua paused unnecessarily before putting the ball down for a try in the club’s recent win over the Brisbane Broncos. "I think that is a lack of respect for your opposition as well,” he said. “Those things are just going to inflame incidents when you push a guy after a try when there is no need to push a guy, when you tap them on the head when they make a mistake. "To me it’s a thing which has crept into our game and it’s only the players who can stamp it out of the game.

“I’m old school and I don’t like that but it seems to be something for generation Y or whatever. “To me it’s a lack of respect and you should be respecting your opposition.”

• Yeah rorting the cap for years is fine.
    So is inventing tackling techniques that can cause serious harm.

But touching an opponent’s hair, disrespectful!

• What a sook.

• @Sabre:

Yeah rorting the cap for years is fine.

Watch again …. You can see the clumps of hair fall out … Yeah yeah !!!
    Maybe smith should start wearing a turban lol

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Its funny , you never see the class acts of the game resort to the crap that Bellamy refers to

They play the game hard and fair How it should be played

• BooHoo. Smith is a cheating scum who should never have been allowed to play again after the crap that went on in Melbourne.

• @mike:

BooHoo. Smith is a cheating scum who should never have been allowed to play again after the crap that went on in Melbourne.

Good to see people are not playing the man and playing the comment 😒

If this was Farah and Potter had said something the Forum would be in meltdown

• come on bellyache and smith grow up your blocks give as good as you get a bloody joke statement

• @happy tiger:

Its funny , you never see the class acts of the game resort to the crap that Bellamy refers to

is that why slater knees every tryscorer?

all players have grubbiness in them.
    ennis is a special kind of grub.

• @tig_prmz:

@happy tiger:

Its funny , you never see the class acts of the game resort to the crap that Bellamy refers to

Ennis, slater, Reynolds all repeat offenders.

• @tig_prmz:

@happy tiger:

Where do I say Slater ?? :crazy

I’m talking about blokes like Bret Hodgson

• Talk about soft…my my the world has become very soft, cant ruffle a blokes head now.
    Jesus!

• @innsaneink:

Talk about soft…my my the world has become very soft, cant ruffle a blokes head now.
    Jesus!

next they’ ll have Smith playing in a white robe & scull cap.

• @innsaneink:

Talk about soft…my my the world has become very soft, cant ruffle a blokes head now.
    Jesus!

In the old days the players wouldn’t ruffle an opposition player’s hair because they would then have brylcreem all over their hands. Not good for catching and passing the football.

• @Sabre:

Yeah rorting the cap for years is fine.

Amen to that Sabre, never a truer word said IMO. I like the cut of your gib! It was just a massive sook from a bloke who lost a game they should never have lost, with their 3 ‘future immortals’ getting dominated by the opposition. Watching Bellamy and Smith at the after-match presso with looks on their sad, pitiful little faces was near enough the highlight of the season….it looked like they had soiled themselves.

Recent Topics