Potter Gone - Contract Not renewed! Official!

• @hybrid_tiger:

@southerntiger:

I will be okay with that, although prefer Griffin, Brown or Taylor. Another 12 months of what we had the last 2 years and my passion for the game would be gone.

Not necessarily Potters fault but change was needed.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

How you could be OK with Matt Parish is beyond me.

I dont know him well enough to have an issue. There has been a lot of talk but I avoid listening to rumours. Inexperienced coaches can do okay at times. Brad Arthur has done well at Parra.

As I said, he wouldnt be my choice but change is needed.

• @Ed Reschs:

When does Robbie select the new coach?

Give it a break!!!
    A new start with a new board and a new coach is what was needed.
    Are we going to have put up with the same old garbage on here all over again for the next few seasons . There’s just the odd chance that the board will select the new coach on the recommendation of Mayer, that’s what really scares me. Then we really will have something to whinge about

• If they reckon the fans will be disappointed with Mick being shown the door heaven help them if the new coach doesn’t get a lot better performance from the start!

If it is someone like Parish there will be many comparisons that he is no better and should not have been selected. If it is someone like Griffin there will be comments that he could only just scrape into the finals with the Broncos roster.

Seriously, whoever comes to this joint will need to go gangbusters otherwise they are in for it.

• Banned

@southerntiger:

I dont know him well enough to have an issue. There has been a lot of talk but I avoid listening to rumours. Inexperienced coaches can do okay at times. Brad Arthur has done well at Parra.

As I said, he wouldnt be my choice but change is needed.

Change that moves us forward is what is needed. Parish would be a terrible, terrible option.

• There is one guy in the market for a head coaching role right now whose team made the finals and was only ditched because Wayne Bennett decided he wanted his job. He also has the respect and ear of a LOT of extremely talented players.

• I would like to see Jaso Taylor get the gig.

• Just a question. Does anyone know if Mayer is currently on a contract ? If so when it would expire?

• Jason Taylor is an alcoholic who gets in fights with his players. He’d be a great fit.

• We need a coach who will bring good first graders to the club and keep existing players, like Austin, currently disillusioned by the club, be it the coach or whatever, to remain with club. Griffen fills the bill and will run the club towards respect.

• I am not sure what someone like Jason Taylor would bring to the club. All he was at Wests and Norths was a goal kicker. He couldnt tackle, couldn’t run …. all he could do was pass the ball which is why he was never injured. At Wests all he wanted to do was argue with Langmack and Wok … not the right fit for a club with its own issues to be sorted out.

• @Sabre:

What are people’s opinions on Griffin as a coach?
    With the side he has at his disposal in Brisbane his results should be better, how much of that is due to his coaching ability though I don’t know.

I think he did a good job building a very young team after Bennett loft. He lost some very experienced players and rebuilt the squad around Parker and Thaiday. Hunt is now being talked about as an exceptional halfback, whereas two years ago he was possibly going to be traded.

I think he has a personality which will warrant the respect of both the board and the players and could be the gel to bring it all together.

• Mayer & Smith should be the ones gone not Potter!

• Yeah Griffin probably represents the best of what is available. Can we afford him though?
    You’d like to think that the new board understands the importance of paying for good coaching…

• Disappointed potter wasn’t reappointed. Given a “fresh start”, i.e. 100% support & autonomy I think he’d do as good a job as any. Hope is replacement is really given this opportunity.

I wonder if folkes is in the running at all?

• Ah well at least the new head coach will get to pick his own support staff, as for Mayer if the club fails to make the finals next year I hope he steps down or gets the ass as the board has made a decision on his recommendation.

Recent Topics