Anthony Griffin

@tigerbenji:

I think Griffin woukd do na good job, But on Big Sports Breakfast To- Day they said Steve Folkes is is a strong tip for the Job.

This rumour seems to be growing legs among the media hacks - I wonder if they have it wrong and he is being considered for the GM role and not Head Coach.

I was thinking same folks would be better for the gm role. I’ve seen Brown team in England who look like a well trained team.

Folkes no, not as a coach at least. You can not turn back the clock, you have to move with the times. May be the other job, or over seeing the S and C department, but not head coach, times have changed

@AmericanHistoryX:

@hobbo2803:

Imagine if Griffin gets the gig and then he tells Farah he’s free to look elsewhere !
😮
😆

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

I dare say - that Griffin is salivating like a rottweiler at the lips, smacking his gums - on a hot summers day - knowing that he has robbie -" i am the king" - farah.
I can’t blame him - that is - metaphorically speaking - if he can put him on a leash. On his day he is the best player in the world. When he’s not on, the whole world knows about it.

Certainly not the hooker in the top team of the world in my opinion and certainly not in the top three hookers in Australia, let alone the world.

I used to play for the Ipswich Jets in QLD Cup when I first met Anthony Griffin. He was the coach of the Redcliffe Dolphins and they were a great side. The players all had great wraps on him and when I met him after the game I wasn’t let down. He is a great, down to earth bloke. He would make a brilliant coach for the Tigers IMO.

@macca84:

I used to play for the Ipswich Jets in QLD Cup when I first met Anthony Griffin. He was the coach of the Redcliffe Dolphins and they were a great side. The players all had great wraps on him and when I met him after the game I wasn’t let down. He is a great, down to earth bloke. He would make a brilliant coach for the Tigers IMO.

Ahh Macca , I knew there was something special about you

Another old Jets boy , well done 😃

Jebus …who left the gate open… 😆

@Geo.:

Jebus …who left the gate open… 😆

Well Geo , I don’t know how well you know Ipswich Rd , but there used to be a weighbridge their that looked remarkably like a gate

Probably there to keep those Brisbane gimps out 😉 and the Toowoomba inbreds from Brisbane

You actually from Ipswich Macca ??

Folkes was the big tip on NRL 360 this week.

They stated that as the new board is not overly familiar with Rugby League in general, our next coach should be professional and experienced. Folkes ticks both those boxes.

I would imagine Griffin would have been on good coin at the Bronks and I am sure he will get offers from either QLD cup sides or NRL work in general in his home state, so it will take a very good offer to get him to up root and move south.

The more I think of it the more I think he is the best man for the job, proven record of bringing on young talent, not afraid to make big selection calls and seem to be respected by players and the media.

@supercoach:

I would imagine Griffin would have been on good coin at the Bronks and I am sure he will get offers from either QLD cup sides or NRL work in general in his home state, so it will take a very good offer to get him to up root and move south.

The more I think of it the more I think he is the best man for the job, proven record of bringing on young talent, not afraid to make big selection calls and seem to be respected by players and the media.

The good offer is head coach if an nrl club. The money only has to be ok. Not many opportunities to coach in the big show

Regarding Steve Folkes, I seem to remember it was Kevin Moore who came up with the bulldogs attack and most of their game plans.

So I think it depends on who Folkes brings with him. He would be a good head man but it seems he needs someone like a Kevin Walters working closely with him to ensure our attack moves forward.

Who out there with the right ability wants to be his assistant? Taylor won’t leave the Roosters for an assistant job, Walters is returning to Brisbane… any other suggestions??? Brett Kimmorley maybe? But he wasn’t versatile Brett, stuck with that flat style his entire career.

@king sirro:

Regarding Steve Folkes, I seem to remember is was Kevin Moore who came up with the bulldogs attack and most of their game plans.

So I think it depends on who Folkes brings with him. He would be a good head man but it seems he needs someone like a Kevin Walters working closely with him to ensure our attack moves forward.

Who out there with the right ability wants to be his assistant? Taylor won’t leave the Roosters for an assistant job, Walters is returning to Brisbane… any other suggestions???

Fitler

Griffin does not offer any more than Potter, he persisted with Baba at Fullback when he had better options, he’s had the Cattle but hasn’t been able to get the results. Nevertheless, whomever is the next coach of Wests just needs to get a good run with injuries and we should make the eight. Potter came close in what can only be descibed as annus horribilis, anything less than the eight in 2015 should be considered an abject failure.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.