Tigers snare Takairangi

• Happy with Takairangi. I think he’s underrated really. Also got enough experience to be valuable for the younger ones. Only concern for me is who the heck is doing the recruiting!! All i can say is i hope the new coach likes Takairangi’s style. Has to be a concern for Brad.

• @Sabre:

Hopefully doesn’t mean Bodene is moving on.

Was thinking same thing. Bodene’s had a good year but Takairangi is more versatile.

• @alexaki:

@happy tiger:

I’m so excited we have picked up another fringe first grader from another NRL club

I’m getting so bored saying this about every signing we seem to make since God knows when

He is on the fringe of making NZ team

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

He’s been named in a train on squad , just about every third NRL player is

Takairangi wouldn’t have made the Titans top 17 when they had a fully fit squad , but like us they had many injuries

As I said in the other thread he is the poor mans version of Blake Austin and or possibly Thompson

Lets hope we aren’t letting either Thompson or Austin go to have signed him

• Banned

I would like to see him in the centres… his a better option then our current centres. I hope they signed him for centre and not Mr versatile.

strange at end of article saying he has not signed contract. What’s he waiting for.

• Might be old news but has Kevin Naiqama also been confirmed?

• Might be old news but has Kevin Naiqama also been confirmed?

• Takrangi is a good singing and of curse the club needs to keep picking up players - we can’t wait till the new coach is appointed as many options will be gone.

He can be a good NRL player in the backrow, he can also play in the centres and even fill in at 5/8. He is clearly filling Corey Pattersons position in the squad and backing up the 2 spots where we have the biggest weakness.

Some people will never be satisfied - we lost Patterson, Fulton, Thompson perhaps, Anasta, Murdoch-Masila and people winge that the club is signing someone - you should be winging if they weren’t or would you like the new coach to play with 12 on the field most weeks -

He is 25, has played 70 FG games including a the last 2 full seasons for the Gold Coast where he has been one of thier best and provided great utility value, 105kg and almost 193cm bringing size, skill (as his 5/8 time showed) he is a great signing for our squad

• Another utility player 😒

• I’m glad the vibe on this signing is low. Means he’ll get massive wraps next year. He’s way better than anyone is giving him credit for. He’s a harder hitter in defence than anyone in our side including Blair and Seumanufagai. He’s quicker than he looks, has a nice swerve, is a good ballplayer. He’s being very unfairly criticised. He is better than Bodene Thompson and he would have definitely been in the Titans top 17 at any stage throughout the year.

• Great signing cant wait to see him playing in the centres for us next year his a very good player. Finally we signed 2 good outside backs go u tigers.

• Banned

@MacDougall:

He’s way better than anyone is giving him credit for.

Exactly.

I think he is the perfect type of player to play outside Brooks and Moses.

Its a decent pick up but like others have said who the hell is making these decisions. Becoming more and more obvious the head coach is already on board.

• @Tiger in the Gong,Mayers mate,Parish……rookie decision maker…

Just my thoughts,I could be wrong,no one really knows,the internal secret service at work I would think.

Maybe Robbie is interviewing would be coaches,at this club anything is possible…

• @TrueTiger:

@Tiger in the Gong,Mayers mate,Parish……rookie decision maker…

Just my thoughts,I could be wrong,no one really knows,the internal secret service at work I would think.

Maybe Robbie is interviewing would be coaches,at this club anything is possible…

On past form it is quite possible. What a circus if it is.

• Takairangai signing doesn’t sound promising for Bodene Thompson

• It does seem odd. Surely Thompson wouldn’t be asking much more than Takairangi? I rate him higher than Thompson too but why would the club let a guy go who obviously loves it here and loves the players like Bodene to just go get Takairangi for similar coin?

Recent Topics