Tigers snare Takairangi

• They’ve got the impossible job though MU

They are trying to cover Moses and Brooks and usually have to hang on far too long on their inside men and then have to try and cover for Lawrence and Simona and they slightest angle change from an outside shoulder to inside or vice versa and they are screwed

I’ve said it a thousand times but I would be defending with Moses on the wing

Good under the high ball and might need to make 5-6 tackles a game ,defend with Richards in the centres

Sides can then only target Brooks which means we can concentrate our defensive efforts

Brooks was far safer (and missed far more tackles ) when he had Fulton as his minder and if they tried our other side Anasta was pretty good defensively

I think we can get away with Thompson on one side , but adding slow poke Takairangi just creates more issues

We need to find another Fulton quick

• @tigersrule4life:

Great signing cant wait to see him playing in the centres for us next year his a very good player. Finally we signed 2 good outside backs go u tigers.

Hasn’t signed with us yet.

• @happy tiger:

They’ve got the impossible job though MU

They are trying to cover Moses and Brooks and usually have to hang on far too long on their inside men and then have to try and cover for Lawrence and Simona and they slightest angle change from an outside shoulder to inside or vice versa and they are screwed

I’ve said it a thousand times but I would be defending with Moses on the wing

Good under the high ball and might need to make 5-6 tackles a game ,defend with Richards in the centres

Sides can then only target Brooks which means we can concentrate our defensive efforts

Brooks was far safer (and missed far more tackles ) when he had Fulton as his minder and if they tried our other side Anasta was pretty good defensively

I think we can get away with Thompson on one side , but adding slow poke Takairangi just creates more issues

We need to find another Fulton quick

Backrowers jobs is not to cover centres. Outside backs are on their own defensively in a properly functioning defensive structure. A sliding defence will see them get help.

Many teams have poor defensive halves but have decent defenders next to them to hide/protect them in defence.

We don’t have those backrowers.

Thats all that we need. 2 good defensive back rowers and it will minimise the amount of players running at Brooks and Moses. It’s so damn simple.

But we go and sign Takairangi. Sure he’s a good player, but he doesn’t suit what we need.

• Put yourself in Thompson’s or any of our back rowers shoes

Would you trust either fo our centres to make the hits that count after 60 minutes ??

I see where you are coming from MU , but our defence makes swiss cheese look solid

As I just said we need to find another Fulton fast and hope that Bennett lets Jack Reed go as is doing the rounds up here

Best defensive centre in the game

• @Flippedy:

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@851:

@MacDougall:

I’m glad the vibe on this signing is low. Means he’ll get massive wraps next year. He’s way better than anyone is giving him credit for. He’s a harder hitter in defence than anyone in our side including Blair and Seumanufagai. He’s quicker than he looks, has a nice swerve, is a good ballplayer. He’s being very unfairly criticised. He is better than Bodene Thompson and he would have definitely been in the Titans top 17 at any stage throughout the year.

I agree,I said in another thread he is better and bigger than Thompson,who gets a lot of love around here,Happy you are a poor judge if you think he is a poor mans Thompson.

As a backrower hes a poor mans Thompson.But as a centre hes actually pretty good.Five eighth he is meh.

Well a big, strong decent centre is exactly what we need, so let’s hope he is actually going to be played there.

However, if you can believe the article, he sounds very reluctant to leave the Titans and sign with us, which is a bit of a worry. It would be good if the players we signed actually looked forward to playing with us.

Yes he likes it at the Titans… Likes living on the Gold Coast, ( who wouln’t? ) it’s a great lifestyle there. Beautiful weather all year round, nice beaches … Why would you give all that up if you didn’t have too.

• @happy tiger:

Put yourself in Thompson’s or any of our back rowers shoes

Would you trust either fo our centres to make the hits that count after 60 minutes ??

I see where you are coming from MU , but our defence makes swiss cheese look solid

As I just said we need to find another Fulton fast and hope that Bennett lets Jack Reed go as is doing the rounds up here

Best defensive centre in the game

And expensive Happy. Great centre but out of our reach. We wouldn’t be able to afford him.

• @851:

@MacDougall:

I’m glad the vibe on this signing is low. Means he’ll get massive wraps next year. He’s way better than anyone is giving him credit for. He’s a harder hitter in defence than anyone in our side including Blair and Seumanufagai. He’s quicker than he looks, has a nice swerve, is a good ballplayer. He’s being very unfairly criticised. He is better than Bodene Thompson and he would have definitely been in the Titans top 17 at any stage throughout the year.

I agree,I said in another thread he is better and bigger than Thompson,who gets a lot of love around here,Happy you are a poor judge if you think he is a poor mans Thompson.

Well I reckon he has been signed to replace Austin or Thompson

And he’s not in Austin’s league by any stretch of the imagination

And be buggered if I can remember Takairangi playing one good game

How can any one rate the guy , seriously ??

Assuming every club picked 3 back rowers in their 17 man squad (not including locks ) Takairangi wouldn’t make the top 40

• He played some great games at the start of this year in the centers…

He killed it, got moved to backrow and the 5/8th to cover injuries.

He has a lot of good things about him. Could end up a marty taupau, and kill it.

Could also be a Adam Blair.

From what I have seen, he will slide right into a centre spot. Seeing how ineffective our centers have been.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Yeh played well at right centre for Titans early in year when they were leading the comp

1. Tedesco
    2. Richards (left Wing) (Daniel tupou for 2016 to replace)
    3. Simona ( Left Centre)
    4. Takairangi (right centre
    5. Nofoluma ( Right Wing)
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks

That should be our strongest backline for years to come.

• We somehow managed to find worse canter than Lawrence - Lulia 😦
    Hopefully Takairangi will fill the gap until Milone, Save, Sauthwrite etc are ready :slight_smile:

• Banned

@BigUnit:

Yeh played well at right centre for Titans early in year when they were leading the comp

1. Tedesco
    2. Richards (left Wing) (Daniel tupou for 2016 to replace)
    3. Simona ( Left Centre)
    4. Takairangi (right centre
    5. Nofoluma ( Right Wing)
    6. Moses
    7. Brooks

That should be our strongest backline for years to come.

That is quite an impressive backline.

• Banned

@InBenjiWeTrust:

We somehow managed to find worse canter than Lawrence - Lulia 😦
    Hopefully Takairangi will fill the gap until Milone, Save, Sauthwrite etc are ready :slight_smile:

If Takairangi plays centre he will do much better than lulia and one leg Lawrence.

• I was reading the player movements for the West tigers and noticed it was all updated as in Taylor coach,resigned players and new signings.However Kev N was there but not Taitarangi …Will he be coming or is there a hitch somewhere??? …

• I believe that they have agreed to terms with both.

We have no confirmation that any deal was actually signed.

All signings including some re-signings, were either put on hold or not released until the new coach Jason Taylor was appointed.

This may mean that they are not technically across the line. Or this may mean that they are, and haven’t been released to the public yet, as Jason Taylor will hasnt decided what players will need to be let go, in order to keep the cap in check.

The lack of information from the club is frustrating.

Either way the sources surrounding the players have confirmed they are coming. The club has not confirmed this.

Posted using RoarFEED

• Yeah good point , our Club has been piss poor in regards with player movements and signings , they make a big fuss the other day about the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT !!! with a Sponsor being signed , they are still to Officially announce the Tedesco signing , well we know he will be here but no one knows how many years we have him for being 3 or 4 years ?
    It will be good keeping us in the Loop it would help there Membership drive in the off season since we had such a piss poor year.

Recent Topics