Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• @nicoffu:

Correct me if I’m wrong did the roosters say that pain him$40,000
    What a joke

Huh?

• ForumSupporter

Well….Minimum is 80K for an NRL top 25 guess he could be 2nd tier who knows

• If the club said something like that, i’m sure it would have been when they first signed him, No way in the world would they only be paying him 40K. I’m sure he’s been upgraded significantly since.

• Roosters paying $ 40 k

Politis and his mates paying $ 300 k

And we can’t even find 30 k TPA’s for our top players

Scary to see the difference

• They should ban all TPA’s IMO …or would that kill the game ??

• Banned

@happy tiger:

Roosters paying $ 40 k

Politis and his mates paying $ 300 k

And we can’t even find 30 k TPA’s for our top players

Scary to see the difference

The difference is just plain criminal, Happy 😠

• @hobbo2803:

They should ban all TPA’s IMO …or would that kill the game ??

I’m not clued in on how the finances work. But sense tells me the money has to come from somewhere. If players can’t top their pockets up in other ways outside their ‘salary’ or whatever its called they’d be tempted more so to head to other codes or ESL.

Please correct me if I’m wrong as I’m taking an uneducated guess (that last bit should be my signature). 😃

• I have stated previously that if TPA’s are truly independent and neutral to NRL clubs then there should be a pool of TPA’s. Business people who are willing to sponsor a player but have truly no club association.

That would mean that the Third Party would sponsor the player, no matter which clubs were involved in the negotiations.

For example, if the Wests Tigers had $500K a year to spend on Israel Falou out of their salary cap and there was a Sponsor in the Third Party pool willing to personally pay Falou $300K then Falou would get $800K a year. If the Roosters only had $400K to spare out of their cap, then Falou could only be paid $700K.

No guarantee that Falou would sign with the Tigers but it would be much fairer.

• @cqtiger:

I have stated previously that if TPA’s are truly independent and neutral to NRL clubs then there should be a pool of TPA’s. Business people who are willing to sponsor a player but have truly no club association.

That would mean that the Third Party would sponsor the player, no matter which clubs were involved in the negotiations.

For example, if the Wests Tigers had $500K a year to spend on Israel Falou out of their salary cap and there was a Sponsor in the Third Party pool willing to personally pay Falou $300K then Falou would get $800K a year. If the Roosters only had $400K to spare out of their cap, then Falou could only be paid $700K.

No guarantee that Falou would sign with the Tigers but it would be much fairer.

Sounds fairer to me … Or could the NRL afford to increase the salary cap significantly ( say 10 million) ? They way it is set up now with TPA’s it’s easily rorted and it’s an unfair playing field IMO .

• rorters have been a joke for many years run by uncle nick never over the cap .they wonder why people are dumping the game and going to soccer and afl there are a few clubs over the cap

• Iam okay with TPA’s but I think they should be part of the salary cap. The NRL invented the salary cap to make it easier for all club to compete on a level playing field and that is not the case in reality as certain team have much more access to TPA’s than others.

In all the years we have had the salary cap nothing has much changed with the teams that do well and the teams that struggle. If you are going to put rules in place to try and even the comp than they must be fair to all teams so all teams are playing on the same field.

Iam sick of the argument, that clubs should not try and bring the successful clubs down to the battlers level. Teams like the Bronks and the Chooks will always have a advantage over teams that are situated in geographically poorer areas

• @spearby:

rorters have been a joke for many years run by uncle nick never over the cap .they wonder why people are dumping the game and going to soccer and afl there are a few clubs over the cap

It’s not just the Rorters Spearby, what about the Brisbane Allstars? The latest cap controversy fizzled out because Andrew Gee resigned and was no longer forced to give evidence??? Really?

Corruption up there and they have rorted for years. Think of the Thoroughbreds. Neutral TPA’s yeah right

• ForumSupporter

The salary cap system should be replaced with a points system say 125 points for the top 25 players …the NRL 'determines a players point value say SBW worth 25 pts as an eg …clubs could then pay them what they want but a Club can’t exceed the ceiling number of points…Reduction in pts value should be included for juniors and long serving say 8 year players

• @Geo.:

The salary cap system should be replaced with a points system say 125 points for the top 25 players …the NRL 'determines a players point value say SBW worth 25 pts as an eg …clubs could then pay them what they want but Club can’t exceed the ceiling number of points…

Reduction in pts value should be included for juniors and long serving say 8 year pkayers

Does that mean Lawrence would be on minus points lol ?

Recent Topics