Potter/bmm

• Banned

I wasn’t gonna mention this but I reckon below link has a great deal with why a fresh start with a new coach is required.

I think people should remember there’s more than just RF incident.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/penrith-panthers/penrith-panthers-forward-ben-murdochmasila-coming-to-term-with-loss-of-friend-mosese-fotuaika-20140921-10jy4f.html

• Dont see how anything in that article has anything to do with Potter. Obviously BMM had issues which needed to be dealt with professionally not by a coach.

Pretty silly thing to say really.

• Stupid thread - absolutely nothing to do with Potter. Not even mentioned.

And if Potter was keeping him out of the team due to him being unable to control his weight / Fitness, then good. Plenty of talent but was always a lazy trainer.

That’s exactly the sort of discipline we need.

• Banned

I just mean potter was the coach at the time of fotuaika passing. I think people under estimate or forget how hard those events were on the players. Maybe a new coach would help some players move forward. I’m not blaming potter or specifically pointing out bmm. I just think potter leaving may help some players healing process and this may have been taken into account by administration when making the decision re potter…

• @littletiger:

I just mean potter was the coach at the time of fotuaika passing. I think people under estimate or forget how hard those events were on the players. Maybe a new coach would help some players move forward. I’m not blaming potter or specifically pointing out bmm. I just think potter leaving may help some players healing process and this may have been taken into account by administration when making the decision re potter…

You’re not serious, surely? If anything the article (taken at face value) shows a lack of player management and support. How is that the domain of the coach, FFS? What are CEOs for if not to make sure all the support structures are in place for crisis time like this?

• How can anybody point the finger at Potter in any of this.
    I don’t even get what you’re trying to prove here…
    If anything allowing BMM to move on to another club may have been a good thing for him, a change of scenery.
    Saying he should have done more to support BMM is a pretty harsh accusation to make.

• Banned

@Sabre:

How can anybody point the finger at Potter in any of this.
    I don’t even get what you’re trying to prove here…
    If anything allowing BMM to move on to another club may have been a good thing for him, a change of scenery.
    Saying he should have done more to support BMM is a pretty harsh accusation to make.

I’m not saying potter should have done anything more for bmm. I’m just saying there might be players still still struggling with fotuaika passing. The article supports this argument. then I’m saying a new coach at tiger town might help players deal with this better… like bmm has improved going to Penrith and maybe administration might I have taken this into account at the time of choosing not to extend potter s contract… that is all.

Recent Topics