Penrith- the effect of having a good organisation.

• Interesting interview with Jamie Soward. The most telling part for me is the last 30 seconds or so, when asked about the influence of Phil Gould. He says Phil Gould is the face, but credits the coaching staff, the CEO and finishes by saying a good organisations lets the footie players be footie players.

Hopefully we get their sooner rather than later…

https://www.nrl.com/gus-has-been-a-massive-influence-soward/tabid/10959/contentid/691782/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Vid_Latest

🙏

• @overseastigersfan:

Interesting interview with Jamie Soward. The most telling part for me is the last 30 seconds or so, when asked about the influence of Phil Gould. He says Phil Gould is the face, but credits the coaching staff, the CEO and finishes by saying a good organisations lets the footie players be footie players.

https://www.nrl.com/gus-has-been-a-massive-influence-soward/tabid/10959/contentid/691782/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Vid_Latest

🙏

Yep that’s what we need to do as well. Let the team be footy players and do what they are paid for and let the organisation take care of the rest.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Banned

@mike:

@overseastigersfan:

Interesting interview with Jamie Soward. The most telling part for me is the last 30 seconds or so, when asked about the influence of Phil Gould. He says Phil Gould is the face, but credits the coaching staff, the CEO and finishes by saying a good organisations lets the footie players be footie players.

🙏

Yep that’s what we need to do as well. Let the team be footy players and do what they are paid for and let the organisation take care of the rest.

Im pretty sure the (much maligned and heavily criticised) Brian Smith report will do exactly that.Let(make) the players play allow the coaches to coach and to let Mayer do what he does best(more business decisions less football decisions)also the new board has 100 times the business credentials than any other board in our 15 year existence.I believe we as fans(and players/staff etc) must remember these last few seasons and the struggles as our young stars grow into stars on the field and a much improved structure off the field in 2015 will also see us score tries off the field also.

• All boils down to very good Management…that then leads to success on and off the field…with the new board our club is about to change for the better,we certainly have had our share of ordinary in the front office and on the field…hopefully it ends NOW… 🙏 😃

:sign: :sign:

• Will be interesting to see how long our new business plan takes to kick in and turn our on field fortunes around. Do not get me wrong I am all for embracing Penriths model, to me it seems the best way to go, but the big question will we have everyone willing to walk down the same path. For this to work all stake holders must know their role and stick to it. In other words players play,coaches coach and managers manage. This will be a whole new concept for a lot of people at our club.

One thing being a Tigers fan its very hard to be optimistic, I have read plenty of stuff over the years about turning the place around and up to now nothing much has happened. Fingers crossed we are now all systems go for a new era

• @supercoach:

Will be interesting to see how long our new business plan takes to kick in and turn our on field fortunes around. Do not get me wrong I am all for embracing Penriths model, to me it seems the best way to go, but the big question will we have everyone willing to walk down the same path. For this to work all stake holders must know their role and stick to it. In other words players play,coaches coach and managers manage. This will be a whole new concept for a lot of people at our club.

One thing being a Tigers fan its very hard to be optimistic, I have read plenty of stuff over the years about turning the place around and up to now nothing much has happened. Fingers crossed we are now all systems go for a new era

I think it’s going to take a minimum of 2-3 years to turn things around if all goes well ?
    As a wests tigers supporter theirs always next year !

• Are people willing to make the hard decisions?

It was chicken little territory at Penrith there for a while when they released Lewis & Jennings and told others to look around.

The sky didn’t fall but, did it?

• @cqtiger:

Are people willing to make the hard decisions?

It was chicken little territory at Penrith there for a while when they released Lewis & Jennings and told others to look around.

The sky didn’t fall but, did it?

CQ–so true, and thats why we need a strong experienced coach and not a young rookie

• Banned

@supercoach:

Will be interesting to see how long our new business plan takes to kick in and turn our on field fortunes around. Do not get me wrong I am all for embracing Penriths model, to me it seems the best way to go, but the big question will we have everyone willing to walk down the same path. For this to work all stake holders must know their role and stick to it. In other words players play,coaches coach and managers manage. This will be a whole new concept for a lot of people at our club.

But the BIG difference this time is we arent changing person A with person B.We are doing a complete overhaul of the structure of this club from the top to the bottom.

• @Jerry Seinfeld:

@supercoach:

But the BIG difference this time is we arent changing person A with person B.We are doing a complete overhaul of the structure of this club from the top to the bottom.

The question I would like to ask is why was this overhaul not done when Sheens went!

• @Snowy:

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@supercoach:

The question I would like to ask is why was this overhaul not done when Sheens went!

There was still homeless people living inside the abandoned leagues club … They couldn’t be evicted !

Recent Topics