Balmain '89

• Was watching 360 tonite, they were talking GFs and blocker brought up 1989.
    Footage was playing while he was talking, particularly him & Sirro sitting down after Wok benched them, footage of Jnr & Brasher after Jacksons try…I noticed they all had their sleeves cut off, jerseys looked quite baggy.
    Blocker then mentioned something I’d never heard before, theyd had special GF jumpers organized but when they arrived they were all massively oversized, coming down to their knees and they had to cut them all off waist length with scissors…looked like they had to do the same with the sleeves.
    Interesting story to me Id never heard of it though Im sure some old Balmain fans knew of this.
    On any other day it wouldnt be to big a deal but on GF day you dont want any disruptions at all.

• Possibly just allowing extra room for the massive shoulder pads?

• Dont think so Bones, theyd obviously had jerseys throughout the rest of the year that accomodated the large shoulder pads of the era….the way he was talking these jumpers were excessively large

• Well Blocker is an excessively ‘Large’ Human Being, most Grand Final Jumpers are one off Collectables, perhaps they were thinking of Steve 25 years down the track.
    Don’t have too many fond memories of 1989, my Dad died at a young age, My local footy club couldn’t play because we lacked a Under 18 side and I lost the most money ever betting on the decider I never had!.

• @innsaneink:

Dont think so Bones, theyd obviously had jerseys throughout the rest of the year that accomodated the large shoulder pads of the era….the way he was talking these jumpers were excessively large

Tim Brasher had his last night at the 89 reunion and showed everyone how massive his jersey is / was and seriously blocker could get into it now (just)

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Recent Topics