Golden point ?

Hey guys first time posting a subject, I’m only 19 so Iv only really been able to understand the game completely for a few years, Iv always hated golden point but I just thought that’s how it is. However I was watching an old semi final I think it was parra vs dogs on fox and they had two 10 min halves ? I never knew that ever happened.

I understand that could be a little long but in my opinion it was a lot better than field goals so I was thinking what would be a better option to do if a game is drawn?? because I think after a thriller of a game players kicking field goals just let’s the whole game down

Thanks

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

two ten minute halves is what is supposed to happen in finals games. Reffs don’t know the rules tho…

Normal rounds games should be played for 3 points a win like soccer.

If you win in the 80 minutes you get the 3 points. If u win in extra time u get 2 points and lower gets 1 point. Why should a team that isn’t beaten after 80 minutes get nothing? And why should a team that can’t win I now minutes get maximum points? The system isn’t fair

I agree with all of you, I have never liked golden point. It just produces rubbish ‘football’ until someone flukes a field goal and collects all the competition points. It is completely unfair to the team that loses. I have no objection to the idea of 3 points for a match, divided 2/1 in the case of a win in extra time.

In fact, I’m so old fashioned that I don’t see anything wrong with a draw being a draw, it’s fair, except in finals matches where there needs to be a winner.

Milky, are you sure you are right that finals should go 100 minutes in the case of a draw after 80?

Golden point in finals is fine.its better than socccers alternative of a penalty shoot out. If it’s a draw in the regular season each team deserves a point!!!

Stuff it , lets go back to the old times when you played a mid week game at the end of 80 minutes when a draw occurred

Give these young fellas something to really whinge about

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.