Having seen the finals thus far

• I am not looking forward to our pack matching it with the likes of the Dogs, Souths, East etc. unless the new coach does a Tim Sheen and re-invents the way we play. For once, I’d like to see us with a Fui Fui, or James Graham, I’d even settle for Ben Teo (sigh!), you know what I mean, an enforcer that hits the line hard, and takes a few defenders to bring him down every time…Ava may be such a prospect?

• Tiger-heart,I said in an earlier thread,our boys will have to step up another 4 or 5 levels next season just to be competitive.The Souths and Easts game on Friday night was brutal and our boys would be crushed the way they played at the tail end of 2014.New coach with determination and solid game plans, very few injuries and some tough recruits should have us back playing like we did early in the season….we proved then with a top squad what we can do,the 2 grand finalists both suffered defeats at our hands this year so I think anything is possible next season… Let’s wait and see who will be coaching us first… 🙏

• Who was the last recognised “tough guy” forward at the Wests Tigers? You know, the bloke that other teams were wary about not upsetting.

Skando? No
    Woods? Hell no
    McCracken? Not really

I don’t think we have really had anyone tbh

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Banned

I’m not worried about having a tough guy out there but quality forwards out there seem to be even more important. I think we can put a good pack out there but we need a bench full of killers to come on as well.

I’d add the discipline and solid defense are both just as important.

Gavet for instance is a killer but his discipline and defensive ability are both poor and the net result is a player at this point that we are better off without. I also think that your back 3 (wingers and fullback) make a huge difference. You need players in these positions who can start your sets off on the front foot.

• Banned

@Tiger_heart:

I am not looking forward to our pack matching it with the likes of the Dogs, Souths, East etc. unless the new coach does a Tim Sheen and re-invents the way we play. For once, I’d like to see us with a Fui Fui, or James Graham, I’d even settle for Ben Teo (sigh!), you know what I mean, an enforcer that hits the line hard, and takes a few defenders to bring him down every time…Ava may be such a prospect?

IT GOES SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST HITTING THE LINE HARD AND TAKING A FEW DEFENDERS TO BRING HIM DOWN.ITS THE COMPLETE MONGREL AND WIN AT ALL COST.ASWELL AS MAKING SURE YOUR TEAMMATES ARENT MAKING STUPID MISTAKES AND ARE HAVING A CRACK AT ALL TIMES.CAPS SORRY.

• @cqtiger,I wouldn’t mind a couple of G.Ellis back,they would be very handy to say the least……

• @cqtiger:

Who was the last recognised “tough guy” forward at the Wests Tigers? You know, the bloke that other teams were wary about not upsetting.

Skando? No
    Woods? Hell no
    McCracken? Not really

Matthew Lodge is a future enforcer.

• Banned

@Newtown:

@cqtiger:

Who was the last recognised “tough guy” forward at the Wests Tigers? You know, the bloke that other teams were wary about not upsetting.

Skando? No
    Woods? Hell no
    McCracken? Not really

I was gonna say the same thing.But it will take four years to become an “enforcer”.But only two years to become a very good prop in first grade.

• Banned

@stevetiger:

I’m not worried about having a tough guy out there but quality forwards out there seem to be even more important. I think we can put a good pack out there but we need a bench full of killers to come on as well.

I’d add the discipline and solid defense are both just as important.

Gavet for instance is a killer but his discipline and defensive ability are both poor and the net result is a player at this point that we are better off without. I also think that your back 3 (wingers and fullback) make a huge difference. You need players in these positions who can start your sets off on the front foot.

We had a bench who were absolutely killing it at the beginning of this season, they were touted as the best bench in the comp at one stage, then with injuries and infighting it all fell to crap. These guys are still here at the club and I’m sure they will play that way again, once everything is settled and their minds are back on the job.

• Flip,you are right and time will tell,the key will be coaching strategy and how to use who and when in a game.We do have plenty of talent,finding the key ingredient to make it all come together will be the test,I expect a few ups and downs during 2015 but if they show heart then I’ll be pleased….

• im sure other teams love having taupau, woods, galloway and sirro run at them one after each other.

we need to fix up our defensive technique and positioning though to allow our big defenders to hit even harder and win the ruck. I think one great 2nd rower purchase is what we need to take us to the next level, a Sam Burgess or SBW

• @cqtiger:

Skando? No
    Woods? Hell no
    McCracken? Not really

Fifita

• Banned

@pHyR3:

im sure other teams love having taupau, woods, galloway and sirro run at them one after each other.

we need to fix up our defensive technique and positioning though to allow our big defenders to hit even harder and win the ruck. I think one great 2nd rower purchase is what we need to take us to the next level, a Sam Burgess or SBW

Yep we do for sure, pHyR3. I still lament the loss of Dwyer so much because he was the one 😠 It’s so damn frustrating to think what he could’ve been (moreso for him than us I imagine), but it still hurts. Players like that don’t come along very often.

• We are closer than what you think.

Potentially Woods is our James Graham and Sironen is our Sam Burgess.

What we need to recruit are experienced leaders on and off the field who will show these guys the way forward. Similar to what Gould, Peter Kelly and Chris Mortimer did for Penrith in the late 1980’s. These guys were past their prime when they went to Penrith but they made that team into a powerhouse by instilling professionalism and hardness and work ethic into a talented bunch of young players.

Maybe that is what Parra is thinking with recruiting Watmough (although his is grub which rules out Bird as well)

Hard decisions need to be made……for example is Farah the type of leader who is going to take this bunch of youngsters forward or do we try to offload Farah and back Cherrington to come through and go for a Gallen? Hoffman would have been good for us…No prima donnas…just hard tough men pls…

• @Newtown:

@cqtiger:

Skando? No
    Woods? Hell no
    McCracken? Not really

Yep, I agree

Recent Topics