Souths Using performance enhancing Tecnhology -Banned by NFL

• THIS is the top-secret sports science technology that has given the South Sydney Rabbitohs the power and strength edge to demolish their premiership rivals this season.

The blood-energising chips and ice fluid treatment had to be cleared by the NRL because its usage was banned by the NFL after the Baltimore Ravens won the 2013 Super Bowl.

Boxer Anthony Mundine introduced the controversial products to Souths coach Michael Maguire, whose players have been wearing the chips, hidden under wrist strapping, jerseys and socks since Round 8 — the same time they turned their season around.

According to sports medicine experts, the product can allow athletes to perform at a maximum level for longer. Hence, South Sydney’s strong finishes and high energy levels that have been so evident in the build-up to the grand final.

The Rabbitohs coach was reluctant to discuss the benefits from the technology that has been used in dressing-shed secrecy when contacted by The Daily Telegraph on Sunday night.

“I really don’t want to give away any of the info that has got us to this point,” Maguire said.

“We’re always looking at the cutting edge stuff that can help make better players.

“We want to hang onto our own stuff and I don’t want to give away too much.

“Choc’s high-performance team and our guys share information. They came to us.

“My guys (sports science) looked deeply into it before we started.

“This is just another of those one-percenters that every team looks for.

“Maybe I’ll talk about it more after the game.

The wrist strapping can be clearly seen on all Souths players — except for Sam Burgess and Alex Johnston— who wear them in different areas including the chest and ankle.

The ice fluid is most often used, soaked onto a cloth, under the jersey. It helps keep the players’ body temperature stay lower over a longer period of time which prevents fatigue.

It is also sprayed on the players’ jerseys at half-time.

Maguire has distanced the Rabbitohs from any connection with controversial US sports supplements maker Mitch Ross, who was banned from the NFL.

Baltimore Ravens stars including Ray Lewis used the chips and ice treatment, that were developed in the US, before the team won the Super Bowl.

“This has nothing to do with him [Lewis],” Maguire said, “It’s all been ticked off by the NRL.

“The game is very thorough in checking these things.”

Souths began using the products after a sluggish start to the season that included loses to the Canberra Raiders, Wests Tigers, Manly and the Bulldogs in the first seven rounds. The turnaround was immediate and remarkable.

Even beaten Roosters coach Trent Robinson commented after Friday night’s loss: “They had too much energy for us.”

Sports science and supplements expert Shannon Brenton explained how the chips work.

“The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure.

“It’s a bit like mobilised acupuncture

“The result is an athlete that can play as hard in the 80th minute as they can in the first, hence what we have seen in the second-half stats from the Rabbitohs this year” > http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/revealed-sports-science-secrets-of-the-south-sydney-rabbitohs-as-they-head-into-grand-final/story-fn2mcuj6-1227073247432

Just checked the Foxsports website before going to bed and came across this alarming article. Not sure how this is all that far apart from using peptides really!! Instead of using syringes or tablets they use an electronic chip to turn players into super endurance levels. Remarkably they’ve won the majority of their games since using the technology.

Seeing another code has banned this tech, the NRL should have done the same instead of allowing Souths a free passage to the Final through an unequal playing field!

This isn’t a 1% increase in performance this is a huge increase and gives them an unfair advantage especially towards the end of a close game.

• is it legal? yes
    is it ethical? in my eyes, yes.

im fine with it.

• “The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure.

No actual scientific evidence of “meridians” nor the effectiveness of acupuncture.

However, the use of cold products to lower the body temperature, I’m surprised no one was doing anything like that before.

• Might as well go back to unlimited interchange

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• It’s done Tuquri the worl of good. He may be on double dosage or his chip is vamped up. If it’s legal then well done to them for introducing it before any one else. If that was us it would of been leaked to the media in the first week of usage and every one ekes would of got it before seasons end.

• Some people will believe anything. Power Balance reminder.

• Every club will be using it before long then. Surprised Hasler is’nt on to it allready. He’s usually the one coming up with strange ideas like that, to improve team perfomance. . Beetroot Juice, Pigs Blood etc.

• Placebo or not.

It has worked wonders for them.

They are going to be very hard to beat on Sunday.

• @Balmain Boy:

THIS is the top-secret sports science technology that has given the South Sydney Rabbitohs the power and strength edge to demolish their premiership rivals this season.

The blood-energising chips and ice fluid treatment had to be cleared by the NRL because its usage was banned by the NFL after the Baltimore Ravens won the 2013 Super Bowl.

Boxer Anthony Mundine introduced the controversial products to Souths coach Michael Maguire, whose players have been wearing the chips, hidden under wrist strapping, jerseys and socks since Round 8 — the same time they turned their season around.

According to sports medicine experts, the product can allow athletes to perform at a maximum level for longer. Hence, South Sydney’s strong finishes and high energy levels that have been so evident in the build-up to the grand final.

The Rabbitohs coach was reluctant to discuss the benefits from the technology that has been used in dressing-shed secrecy when contacted by The Daily Telegraph on Sunday night.

“I really don’t want to give away any of the info that has got us to this point,” Maguire said.

“We’re always looking at the cutting edge stuff that can help make better players.

“We want to hang onto our own stuff and I don’t want to give away too much.

“Choc’s high-performance team and our guys share information. They came to us.

“My guys (sports science) looked deeply into it before we started.

“This is just another of those one-percenters that every team looks for.

“Maybe I’ll talk about it more after the game.

The wrist strapping can be clearly seen on all Souths players — except for Sam Burgess and Alex Johnston— who wear them in different areas including the chest and ankle.

The ice fluid is most often used, soaked onto a cloth, under the jersey. It helps keep the players’ body temperature stay lower over a longer period of time which prevents fatigue.

It is also sprayed on the players’ jerseys at half-time.

Maguire has distanced the Rabbitohs from any connection with controversial US sports supplements maker Mitch Ross, who was banned from the NFL.

Baltimore Ravens stars including Ray Lewis used the chips and ice treatment, that were developed in the US, before the team won the Super Bowl.

“This has nothing to do with him [Lewis],” Maguire said, “It’s all been ticked off by the NRL.

“The game is very thorough in checking these things.”

Souths began using the products after a sluggish start to the season that included loses to the Canberra Raiders, Wests Tigers, Manly and the Bulldogs in the first seven rounds. The turnaround was immediate and remarkable.

Even beaten Roosters coach Trent Robinson commented after Friday night’s loss: “They had too much energy for us.”

Sports science and supplements expert Shannon Brenton explained how the chips work.

“The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure.

“The result is an athlete that can play as hard in the 80th minute as they can in the first, hence what we have seen in the second-half stats from the Rabbitohs this year” > http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/revealed-sports-science-secrets-of-the-south-sydney-rabbitohs-as-they-head-into-grand-final/story-fn2mcuj6-1227073247432

Just checked the Foxsports website before going to bed and came across this alarming article. Not sure how this is all that far apart from using peptides really!! Instead of using syringes or tablets they use an electronic chip to turn players into super endurance levels. Remarkably they’ve won the majority of their games since using the technology.

Seeing another code has banned this tech, the NRL should have done the same instead of allowing Souths a free passage to the Final through an unequal playing field!

This isn’t a 1% increase in performance this is a huge increase and gives them an unfair advantage especially towards the end of a close game.

I think your tin foil hat is on too tight
    LMAO

• If the NRL say it’s OK and it’s not adversely affecting players why would anyone have a problem with it?

• @Cultured Bogan:

If the NRL say it’s OK and it’s not adversely affecting players why would anyone have a problem with it?

Because it’s crap and kids will want it simply because their heroes use it. Parents and sports fanatics will throw money away at it and some people will become rich as a result, while the device will have no real effect. It’s like all the snake oils peddled throughout history, the only ones that benefit are those selling it. It’s just wrong……

• If its ok, why did the NFL ban it?

Why should all the clubs be forced to pay however much money for these things just to compete? I wouldn’t be surprised if the Tigers were rationing Gatorade to cut costs!

If everyone is using it we may as well have no-one using it and let clubs save their money. As long as either everyone has or or no-one has it then its fair.

Whether there’s scientific proof behind it or not, the fact that the 2 teams that have used it have won/about to win a comp for the first time in a long time says something about its effectiveness.

How is this different to taking performance enhancing drugs? Its taking a substance in order to lessen the impact of fatigue and heat.

• not only that their using a demolition team from England.

• @mike:

Some people will believe anything. Power Balance reminder.

I know, what a crock of you-know-what. I was waiting for the explanation somewhere within the article, then right towards the bottom, BOOM!

“The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure. It’s a bit like mobilised acupuncture."

Righto. Acupuncture is primarily applied via needles, heat, pressure, or laser. I don’t expect there are laser generators in chips worn on the wrist, and it’s not the former 3 as they noted. There are normally multiple needles involved, sometimes dozens, and they are placed around the body at either the target or associated region. In other words, you don’t just stick a needle on one spot and whammo it all starts working on the whole body.

And that’s from the supporters of acupuncture, of which I am not specifically. Systematic review of acupuncture has not shown conclusive effectiveness, and the most promising results have been yielded in specific types of pain.

Trust me, I test medicinal products for a living, if this stuff was for real then every team would have been using it for years and it could be proven conclusively by clinical trials. You can expect mumbo-jumbo when you ask the sales rep how the things work.

If this story is for real, I am totally sad that Souths have bought into it. The Power Band thing was at least individual players and a high probability of wearing due to endorsement. I mean Benji wore the things at some point at the end of his Tigers stint and played like a busted at the same time.

• Whatever works I guess ,whether it is physical or mental

They are in the GF and were not even close to that level

Recent Topics