FITZHENRY YOUR THOUGHTS

WHEN THEY WENT THRU THE TEAM LIST AT THE MANLY GAME, WHEN IT GOT TO FITZY THE MAJORITY OF THE CROWD BOOOO’D. I WONDER WHAT’S EVERYONES THOUGHTS ON THIS IS?

I NO THE CLUBS FORUM DIDNT ALLOW ANY DEROGATIVE TALK ABOUT THE CLUB OR PLAYERS, AND I NO ITS PROB IN THE RULES FOR THIS FORUM SOMEWHERE, BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, THEY SAID HIS NAME, AND THE MAJORITY OF THE CROWED BOOOO’D.

FROM WHERE I WAS THERE WAS ALSO A BOOOO FOR TIM SHEENS, I WONDER HOW MANY OTHER BAYS HAD THIS NEAR THEM. I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO WHAT BAYS BOOO’D SO IF YOUR BAY DID, CAN YOU LET ME NO WHAT BAY YOU WERE IN AND HOW INTENSE IT WAS.

Bay 17 - yes boo’s on both accounts.

And WAY too much cheering in my ear for Fulton 😛

It’s a bit silly I reckon. Most of the time I wouldn’t pick him in the first grade side either but booing him is a bit silly.

My opinion of fitzy has changed just because of last night

When we first signed him, i was about as impressed as everyone else on this forum. But when gareth scored the match winner last night the first person ther was fitzy and the pure elation on his face was just priceless. Daniel Fitzhenry bleeds orange and black and thats everything I could ever ask from a tiger player. He will give everything he has this year and if sheens believes he can do it, then I will be cheering, even if the boos drown me out.

@TheSunTanSuperman:

I didn’t hear any boo’s, but anyone who booed needs to give themselves an uppercut, p!ss off and go support some other side.

Agreed.

You just gotta wonder sometimes 😒

@TheSunTanSuperman:

I didn’t hear any boo’s, but anyone who booed needs to give themselves an uppercut, p!ss off and go support some other side.

I agree. He has been a real good player for us. Yes he is not a 5/8 and he is no Lote or Tuiaki but he did the job well for us on the wing.

The hate he gets amazes me - he played a +ve role in us winning the grand final.

@tiger05:

@TheSunTanSuperman:

I agree. He has been a real good player for us. Yes he is not a 5/8 and he is no Lote or Tuiaki but he did the job well for us on the wing.

The hate he gets amazes me - he played a +ve role in us winning the grand final.

And that right there is the reason why we as a club will not go forward as a club.

That Premiership was 5 years ago.

5 years ago Fitzhenry was an average First Grader at best. Alot can happen in 5 years and surely there were better options for us to sign or promote than Daniel Fitzhenry in 2010.

I couldn’t care less if every member of the 2005 Premiership were given jobs in the Camp Concord bunker to surf the internet and paid $100,000 for the privilige, cause they did win us a Premiership - but I do not want them playing in the team in 2010. Would you like to have such luminaries as Shane Elford and Mark O’Neill back playing in 2010 just because they were a part of the 2005 Premiership?

Fitzy can score a try. He is very good at it. He bleeds Black, white and gold, (Not Orange and Black , they are not our colours).

We’d be screwed without him.

Seriously if you feel the need to boo your own player than you need to sit down and think about the reasons you are actually there.

Would not be in my squad, but its not his fault he is in the team, so you cant blame Fitzy for being picked in the team. As for the booing and jerring 90% would be just a gee up and 10% nutters

@tomatosoup912:

My opinion of fitzy has changed just because of last night

When we first signed him, i was about as impressed as everyone else on this forum. But when gareth scored the match winner last night the first person ther was fitzy and the pure elation on his face was just priceless. Daniel Fitzhenry bleeds orange and black and thats everything I could ever ask from a tiger player. He will give everything he has this year and if sheens believes he can do it, then I will be cheering, even if the boos drown me out.

I have no doubt he loves the club. He was probably a bit better in 2005 than we gave credit for, I recently watched the 2005 season highlights DVD.

I personally think unless he shows some great form on the field he should (hope this is the case) play a lot of reserve grade this year and will be good for those players to have him around.

We have about 4-5 better wingers in the club than Fitzy so he shouldn’t get a game their. In my opinion he is a waste of a bench spot because if a injury occurred in the backline during a match you got put Fulton at 5/8 or centre.

In saying that I am disappointed that our fans would boo a player that has always put in for the club and who whilst I think we have better options this year will give it his all when on the field.

Plenty of boos in and around Bay 12.

Bit harsh to boo him, but Alwaysownyou is right, he should never have been re-signed.

Booing a guy in a Tigers jersey, all class, but people can chose to do whatever they like it won’t change anything in regard to selection. I didn’t hear the boos where I was though

@Balmain Bug:

Fitzy can score a try. He is very good at it. He bleeds Black, white and gold, (Not Orange and Black , they are not our colours).

who gives a S$%t BB….

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.