Grant Mayer Take a Bow

• I have to say that the recruitment and retention over the past year has been pretty good with Takarangi and Naiqama coming to strengthen the backs.

Although Mayer is disliked on this forum he deserves credit for the recruitment and retention of players so far !

• Stop being so controversial 😉

• this is a gee-up surely?

• @Tiger Watto:

this is a gee-up surely?

Only explanation.
    I rate Grant Mayer a 2/10 as CEO.

• Another sponsor added over the last week….
    BOOM!!

Keep it up chief…

• @Tigrr:

I have to say that the recruitment and retention over the past year has been pretty good with Takarangi and Naiqama coming to strengthen the backs.

Although Mayer is disliked on this forum he deserves credit for the recruitment and retention of players so far !

well no he doesn’t.

It’s not his job to sign players, unless he’s the coach.

We do not need more second string backs and utility back rowers.

We need very strong defensive backrowers to protect our halves and allow us to have a properly functioning sliding defence.

These guys may very well play well and I don’t doubt they would. But they are not the players we urgently need.

Tom Symonds has already re-signed with manly. That’s a player we could have very much done with.

Tinirau Arona is apparently off contract as is Ben Hannant. I bet we’re probably in talks with Jonathon Mungo Wright instead.

• @batboy:

Another sponsor added over the last week….
    BOOM!!

Keep it up chief…

This is his job and what he should be doing.

• @madunit:

@Tigrr:

I have to say that the recruitment and retention over the past year has been pretty good with Takarangi and Naiqama coming to strengthen the backs.

well no he doesn’t.

It’s not his job to sign players, unless he’s the coach.

We do not need more second string backs and utility back rowers.

We need very strong defensive backrowers to protect our halves and allow us to have a properly functioning sliding defence.

These guys may very well play well and I don’t doubt they would. But they are not the players we urgently need.

Tom Symonds has already re-signed with manly. That’s a player we could have very much done with.

Tinirau Arona is apparently off contract as is Ben Hannant. I bet we’re probably in talks with Jonathon Mungo Wright instead.

I would of thought seeing the 10 years anniversary of the 2005 premiership is upcoming we would be signing Whatuira ,Fitzhenry ,Harrison ,Heighington ,Laffranchi ,Gibbs Hodgson ,Prince ,Elford ,Buckets ,Ben Galea ,breaking in case of emergency glass and pulling Skando out of retirement again

It worked once , it could work again , couldn’t it ??

• Surely it has to be tried….

• ForumSupporter

I’d take Benny Galea in a heartbeat….

• Naiqama … What the.

I must have been under a rock, which one, nether are first graders…

• @Tigrr:

He,s certainly gone to the top shelf there hasn’t he .?

Wonder if the new coach wants them???

• @goldcoast tiger:

@Tigrr:

He,s certainly gone to the top shelf there hasn’t he .?

Wonder if the new coach wants them???

Top shelf you say ??

I reckon we went to lucky dip and lucked out

• Banned

@madunit:

@batboy:

Another sponsor added over the last week….
    BOOM!!

Keep it up chief…

This is his job and what he should be doing.

And its exactly what he does.Some people hold so much hate to a guy who has orchestrated a lot of positive changes to the JV.When he took this club over it was like a street kid(tigers) who had been the victim of poor parenting(Stephen Humphreys) now a good wise parent has moved in and made changes to the street kids life with a new structure.The structure is only new so we wont see changes now but next year you will see a former street kid(Wests Tigers) setting the world alight.

• Reminds me of the Poem at the Statue of Liberty - Wets Tigers Recruitment Policy

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

Thx Mr Google - November 2, 1883, Emma Lazarus 1849-1887)"

Recent Topics