Looks like the Door is open for new signings

• My analysis of the following section of today’s Wests Tigers Statement is that will be new signings for 2015. I hope I am right.

“In regards to our playing roster, many of our Members and fans rejoiced with the Club when we secured players such as Aaron Woods, Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, David Nofoaluma and Tim Simona. A key part of the interview process was to ensure that Jason was comfortable with these players, and that he could build around this core group and Captain Robbie Farah, as well as club stalwarts like Chris Lawrence and Keith Galloway. Further recruitment and retention will fall into Jason’s core responsibility. The Club has halted all negotiations throughout this interview process to ensure our Head Coach is given the control he deserves. This process is no different to any other NRL Club or how this Club has operated historically despite what may have been reported,” Mayer said.

• Hopefully JT feels the same way we do about Chris & Keith

• Hardly anyone on the market at this late stage, plus throw in cap restrictions. If the 2 guys that have been rumored over the last week eventuate, i’ll be happy. As for 2016, well thats a different story. We need an all out assault on the player market ala the Panthers last yr. If it comes at the expense of guys like Lawrence and Galloway, so be it, that would actually be a good thing. We’ve had an overhaul off the field, the next overhaul needs to happen on it.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Hardly anyone on the market at this late stage, plus throw in cap restrictions. If the 2 guys that have been rumored over the last week eventuate, i’ll be happy. As for 2016, well thats a different story. We need an all out assault on the player market ala the Panthers last yr. If it comes at the expense of guys like Lawrence and Galloway, so be it, that would actually be a good thing. We’ve had an overhaul off the field, the next overhaul needs to happen on it.

You never know. Remember 2 years ago the Roosters picked up Jennings and i think SBW in the off season. If we do unload a few we could fill a few gaps. I don’t think we need that much. Release KG and Lawrence and sign Merrin and Farrel and we’re looking good. Simples.

• Never know, he may have some fans in the roosters squad coming off contract in the next year or so. Always exciting times in the next chapter.

• Problem is that the safe is near empty

• Im happy with these appointments as it allows us to move forward with a fresh new team at the helm. As for player movements I am happy with Naiquama and Takarangi given what’s on the market in outside backs. Remember Takarangi was playing really well at right centre for the Titans in the first half of the season before club injuries forced him into the back row. When he went back to centres at the end of the season he again played well. At least one of Galloway and Lawrence should be moved on , providing anyone will sign them so we can buy a good defensive back rower to replace Fulton. That should give the new coach a competitive side. We must retain Austin as well.

• @happy tiger:

Problem is that the safe is near empty

I was going to say look to U.K. then I thought of Lulia - downer!

• I hope Taylor has packed a broom

• @Bones:

@GNR4LIFE:

Hardly anyone on the market at this late stage, plus throw in cap restrictions. If the 2 guys that have been rumored over the last week eventuate, i’ll be happy. As for 2016, well thats a different story. We need an all out assault on the player market ala the Panthers last yr. If it comes at the expense of guys like Lawrence and Galloway, so be it, that would actually be a good thing. We’ve had an overhaul off the field, the next overhaul needs to happen on it.

You never know. Remember 2 years ago the Roosters picked up Jennings and i think SBW in the off season. If we do unload a few we could fill a few gaps. I don’t think we need that much. Release KG and Lawrence and sign Merrin and Farrel and we’re looking good. Simples.

Don’t think we need Farrel if we have the two guys that have been rumored the last week. Merrin would be lovely, but probably a bit too far out of our reach calibre wise atm. But hey, if he’s on the market, do what you can.

• @alex:

I hope Taylor has packed a broom

And won Powerball

• @Newtown:

My analysis of the following section of today’s Wests Tigers Statement is that will be new signings for 2015. I hope I am right.

“In regards to our playing roster, many of our Members and fans rejoiced with the Club when we secured players such as Aaron Woods, Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, David Nofoaluma and Tim Simona. A key part of the interview process was to ensure that Jason was comfortable with these players, and that he could build around this core group and Captain Robbie Farah, as well as club stalwarts like Chris Lawrence and Keith Galloway. Further recruitment and retention will fall into Jason’s core responsibility. The Club has halted all negotiations throughout this interview process to ensure our Head Coach is given the control he deserves. This process is no different to any other NRL Club or how this Club has operated historically despite what may have been reported,” Mayer said.

No mention of Blair

Strange ??

• Would be nice if Taylor brought Tuivasa-Scheck, Guerra and Jennings with him.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@Bones:

@GNR4LIFE:

Don’t think we need Farrel if we have the two guys that have been rumored the last week. Merrin would be lovely, but probably a bit too far out of our reach calibre wise atm. But hey, if he’s on the market, do what you can.

Cant win if you don’t buy a ticket.

• ForumSupporter

The Club has halted all negotiations throughout this interview process to ensure our Head Coach is given the control he deserves.

Yet there are rumours of Takairangi and Naigama signings….can’t see how if negotiations were halted as Mayer states…interesting

Recent Topics