PM's XIII V PNG...

• ForumSupporter

PM’s XIII: Moylan, Mansour, Chambers, S Mata’utia, Tupou, Milford, Hunt, Woods, Farah, Papalii, R Hoffman, B Scott, Bird © bench: Morgan, B Lawrence, McGuire, Napa, Wighton

• Beginning of the end for Farahs rep career?

• @innsaneink:

Beginning of the end for Farahs rep career?

I imagine he’ll be playing for NSW next year.

• good 2 c Lawrence made it.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• B Lawrence

• No biggie really , just trying to keep some of the possibility fringe players for the 4 Nations match fit if they are required

• Solid looking squad, congrats to Farah and Woods.

• how did mata’utia get a start in this team? plenty of other centres more deserving in my opinion

• Is this a Rep game you would rave on about to your Grand Kids in future years?

• @foreveratiger:

Is this a Rep game you would rave on about to your Grand Kids in future years?

I wonder if Tony Abbott’s happy with these selections ?

• Another game that is not needed. Just another opportunity for players to get injured especially after a long season. Also, a fair few players in there wouldn’t have been doing full on training for a while now and wouldn’t be at peak fitness. Just hope our boys get through it unscathed.

• ForumSupporter

The PM’s XIII team has conceded two late tries in defeating Papua New Guinea 34-16 in Kokopo.

more to come

• Banned

@tigertye:

Another game that is not needed. Just another opportunity for players to get injured especially after a long season. Also, a fair few players in there wouldn’t have been doing full on training for a while now and wouldn’t be at peak fitness. Just hope our boys get through it unscathed.

I see your point, tigertye, but the players and people of PNG would disagree I’m sure. This is an awesome occasion for them and I would hate to see them ever lose it.

• PM’s XIII defeat valiant PNG

By Tony Webeck
    NRL.com

5:37pm Sun 12th October, 2014

Broncos halfback Ben Hunt and Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods may earn their Test debuts as members of Tim Sheens’s Four Nations squad after starring roles in a convincing 34-16 victory by the PM’s XIII against Papua New Guinea in Kokopo on Sunday afternoon.

With a host of fresh faces in the green and gold alongside established stars such as Greg Bird, Beau Scott and Robbie Farah, the PM’s XIII led 16-0 at half-time courtesy of tries to Woods, Will Chambers and Josh Mansour.

When Woods completed his double early in the second stanza and Anthony Milford and Beau Scott added further tries the visitors led 34-0 midway through the second half.

With a squad consisting largely of players from the PNG Hunters team that played in the Intrust Super Cup this season and with no NRL experience at all, the PNG side struggled to match it with their more well credentialled opponents but gave the home fans something to cheer about with three late tries, two coming the way of centre Thompson Teteh.

With Johnathan Thurston one of a host of incumbent Kangaroos unavailable for selection in Sheens’s squad to be announced on Tuesday, Daly Cherry-Evans is likely to partner Cooper Cronk in the halves, leaving a spot open on the bench for a utility option.

Hunt, Milford and Michael Morgan all produced outstanding performances throughout 2014 but Hunt’s display under the watch of Sheens and his massive haul at the Broncos’ presentation night on Friday night may have him on the verge of a Kangaroos call-up inconceivable just 12 months ago.

The two-try haul by Woods in stifling conditions was also well-timed as the Kangaroos search for some fresh faces in the front row with Matt Scott, James Tamou, Paul Gallen and Nate Myles all unavailable for selection.

Sheens will name his Four Nations squad on Tuesday with the Kangaroos to play New Zealand as part of the double-header to open the tournament in Brisbane on October 25.

PM’s XIII 34 (Aaron Woods 2, Josh Mansour, Will Chambers, Anthony Milford, Beau Scott tries; Ben Hunt 5 goals) def. Papua New Guinea 16 (Thompson Teteh 2, Israel Eliab tries; Noel Zemming 2 goals) in Kokopo, PNG.

• Well done Woodsy, the green and gold awaits…

Recent Topics