Bulldogs sign Sione, Chanel and Pat Matautia?

• Bred not bought.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/bulldogs-secure-knights-band-of-brothers-sione-chanel-and-pat-matautia/story-e6frf3su-1227074495417

Apparently signed for 2016 already. Matt Gidley is furious and adamant they will be staying though. Sucks for everyone not the Bulldogs.

• Promising trio. Feel for the Newcastle fans.

• Money talks

• Bulldogs secure Knights’ band of brothers Sione, Chanel and Pat Mata’utia

Barry Toohey
    The Daily Telegraph
    September 30, 2014 12:00AM

CANTERBURY have pulled off a stunning grand final week coup with three of the game’s rising stars — Newcastle brothers Sione, Chanel and Pat Mata’utia — agreeing to long-term deals with the Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the highly sought-after brothers have signed lucrative four-year deals with the NRL grand finalists starting in 2016 after their current Knights contracts expire.

It is understood a heads of agreement document to that effect has already been lodged with the NRL.

But on Monday night, a fuming Knights CEO Matt Gidley claimed all three brothers have told him they want to stay in Newcastle and he remains confident of extending their existing contracts.

Under current NRL rules, the Knights have until round 13 next year to change the brothers’ minds.

“The boys have told me they want to stay,” Gidley said.

“We will have a deal done with the boys and registered (with the NRL) shortly.”

Gidley would not comment further but a club source described negotiations between the brothers’ manager Chris Haddad and the Knights as “frustrating”.

He also hinted at friction between the manager and the brothers.

“The Knights agreed to the manager’s terms weeks ago but for whatever reason, a deal wasn’t done and now it’s come to this,” the source said.

The brothers are among the game’s best young talents with Sione, 18, and Chanel, 22, making their NRL debuts this season and Pat, 20, considered a future top grade player.

They have been shopped around as a package deal.

Chanel and Pat both played in the Knights’ NSW Cup grand final side on Sunday in their loss to Penrith.

Sione continued his meteoric side on Monday when he was named in the Prime Minister’s XIII to meet the PNG Kumuls on Sunday week.

Before he had even debuted for the Knights in the NRL, Wayne Bennett lavished him with praise, declaring he would be a “future Knights great and a great of the game”.

He played the final seven games of the season in the top grade crossing for seven tries.

• I’m guessing this story isn’t over

Smell a backflip ,doing 3 in 1 deals doesn’t work

• i love the bulldog books. Can we get that person to work for us. Now that would be a coup.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• brett morris one week this package the next

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Banned

@AmericanHistoryX:

Bulldogs secure Knights’ band of brothers Sione, Chanel and Pat Mata’utia

Barry Toohey
    The Daily Telegraph
    September 30, 2014 12:00AM

CANTERBURY have pulled off a stunning grand final week coup with three of the game’s rising stars — Newcastle brothers Sione, Chanel and Pat Mata’utia — agreeing to long-term deals with the Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the highly sought-after brothers have signed lucrative four-year deals with the NRL grand finalists starting in 2016 after their current Knights contracts expire.

It is understood a heads of agreement document to that effect has already been lodged with the NRL.

But on Monday night, a fuming Knights CEO Matt Gidley claimed all three brothers have told him they want to stay in Newcastle and he remains confident of extending their existing contracts.

Under current NRL rules, the Knights have until round 13 next year to change the brothers’ minds.

“The boys have told me they want to stay,” Gidley said.

“We will have a deal done with the boys and registered (with the NRL) shortly.”

Gidley would not comment further but a club source described negotiations between the brothers’ manager Chris Haddad and the Knights as “frustrating”.

He also hinted at friction between the manager and the brothers.

“The Knights agreed to the manager’s terms weeks ago but for whatever reason, a deal wasn’t done and now it’s come to this,” the source said.

The brothers are among the game’s best young talents with Sione, 18, and Chanel, 22, making their NRL debuts this season and Pat, 20, considered a future top grade player.

They have been shopped around as a package deal.

Chanel and Pat both played in the Knights’ NSW Cup grand final side on Sunday in their loss to Penrith.

Sione continued his meteoric side on Monday when he was named in the Prime Minister’s XIII to meet the PNG Kumuls on Sunday week.

Before he had even debuted for the Knights in the NRL, Wayne Bennett lavished him with praise, declaring he would be a “future Knights great and a great of the game”.

He played the final seven games of the season in the top grade crossing for seven tries.

Aaah another player manager the world can be proud of huh.Why 3 players and two leagues clubs need to be held to ransom by “chris haddad”.These player managers seem to have the credibility and integrity of a mumbai flea market.Why does the NRL register these dodgy hacks.MMMM.

• I’d say if they’ve landed these three, Brett Morris will stay put.

• ForumSupporter

The Daily Telegraph can reveal…enough said

Believe it if and when it happens…

• Well considering they had agreed to terms with the Knights just a couple of weeks ago? I have no doubt the dogs would want them, Sione is going to be a star, but they all said they wanted to stay at the Knights, has that all changed so quickly? And do the Dogs really have so much money to be able to tempt them all away? Either Sione, or the other two, perhaps. But all 3 would be a lot of cash. But then they say it is for 2016. Must have a few off contract in 2015 is its true.

• Untrue.

Will be at Newcastle in 2015
    and offered a lot of cash to stay beyond.

• I’m not a fan of this concept of signing players for the year after next. They’ve played a handful of of FG games and been offered 4-year deals?

Who knows what next year will bring, I remember Matt Orford going from top-flight to hack in 6 months. Plus what does it say to all your guys on the books for 2015 about their chances of a contract renewal from 2016?

• MERGING stars Sione, Chanel and Pat Mata’utia walked into Newcastle CEO Matt Gidley’s office last Friday and told him they had signed with Canterbury.

It was the first Gidley knew of the Bulldogs’ secret deal to steal the brothers away from the Knights revealed for the first time by The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday.

BULLDOGS STEAL MATA’UTIA BROTHERS

“They were distraught about it,” Gidley claimed.

“We were having a chat about everything and then they just came out with: “We’ve signed something’.

“I’d been waiting for a reply from their manager to our most recent offer for them so it blindsided me a bit.”

The ‘something’ turned out to be a heads of agreement document from the Bulldogs that has been lodged with the NRL, detailing a four-year package deal for the brothers from 2016 after they come off contract in Newcastle.

It is believed to be worth $1.8 million alone for 18-year-old Sione.

Under the rules of the NRL, the Knights now have until round 13 next season to entice the brothers to stay in Newcastle and render the Dogs agreement null and void.

Gidley is adamant they don’t want to go anywhere and says the club will do everything in its power to ensure they remain at the Knights.

“Once I told them about the rules and what they had signed is not binding until after round 13 next season, they were a lot more relaxed and relieved,” Gidley said.

“I’m going to meet with them tomorrow (Wednesday) directly without their manager just to see where they are at and what they want to do going forward.

“We’ll talk about the costs of living in Sydney away from family and friends and those sorts of things.

“They are great kids but they are impressionable. I don’t think they knew what they were signing or the ramifications.”

Gidley admitted negotiations with the brothers’ manager Chris Haddad had been difficult.

“I don’t want to get into a slanging match but I’ve had other club CEOs ask me why we don’t want to keep the boys. Of course we want to keep them,” he said.

A guarded Haddad refused to even confirm the existence of the Canterbury deal, saying he was still negotiating with several clubs on behalf of the brothers.

“I’ll be giving Matt a ring on Tuesday next week to see if we can sort something out,” Haddad said.

Haddad denied speculation the brothers were looking to offload him as their manager.

“I have a good relationship with the boys,” he said.

• Banned

Do the Bulldogs have any juniors? Or are they the new Roosters

What a joke if true, must be a salary cap for 8 teams and no cap for the other 8

Recent Topics