Lawrence and Taylor...

• ForumSupporter

Going with the theme…

Will JT drop him…if he continues to display poor form…

• @Geo.:

Going with the theme…

Will JT drop him…if he continues to display poor form…

Nah …he’ll play him at 5/8 :slight_smile:

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

• Taylors been dumped before as coach, I doubt he’ll flinch at dropping under performers.

• @gallagher:

Taylors been dumped before as coach, I doubt he’ll flinch at dropping under performers.

100% with you here.
    Not a lot of coaches get another chance - this is his job and he won’t want to lose it by playing anyone under performing for too long.
    Pretty sure he’ll tell the players what he expects… from there it’s up to them to play like first graders.

• GEO,I think Lawrence will look back at 2014 and be disappointed in himself,Taylor I think will let him know if he can’t perform in the top squad,then it’s to State Cup,Lawrence I think can and will perform better in 2015,he knows some new experienced players are coming and to keep his spot he must do very well every week… 🙏 :sign:

• I hope it is one of the first thing he does.

Lawrence has this annoying habit of putting in the odd decent game to give his supporters the “Back me next start” in horse terminology. Then he turns up and runs lame again tailed off.

He is FINISHED in the centres as a first grader. He just does not cut it at all. I don’t care if he plays well once every 4 weeks it is not good enough.

Put him in the back row in the lower grades and tell him its his only hope of playing first grade

• his body can’t keep up with his spirit. Thats my summary of Lawrence.

• Feels like putting a race horse down after breaking a leg. Sad that must be done

• @Snapper:

Feels like putting a race horse down after breaking a leg. Sad that must be done

you said it not me.

• Not a lot of coaches get another chance - this is his job and he won’t want to lose it by playing anyone under performing for too long.
    Pretty sure he’ll tell the players what he expects… from there it’s up to them to play like first graders.

^I think this is what we need.
    JT has to be ruthless. Other coaches are. JT wasn’t my first choice, but if he can get them all on the same page and maybe have some competition for positions, we will be better off. Don’t know if Lawrence is a back row option or not- but I think we can improve the Centres without him. Lawrence is a hard trainer and a professional but maybe his time has passed. Hopefully JT can improve him or have the guts to punt him.

• @AmericanHistoryX:

his body can’t keep up with his spirit. Thats my summary of Lawrence.

well said

• Agreed

• Agreed

• I think Chris will be the type of player JT will really want to work with. He is intelligent, professional, listens, super fitand plays the game hard.

Granted his blistering pace is all but gone but I think JT will want some role models for the younger brigade. I think he will work with him to evolve Chris into another player (hopefully most likely on the left edge as a back rower)

• As long as we have a better replacement than Rowdy I’m sure that Taylor will make the right decision

Recent Topics