Why have people given Brian Smith such a hard time?

• Over his report that is. People were saying he was only in business for himself, and only basing the report on what might help to get a job. Really? Cos i don’t think he even applied for the head coaching role, he at least was never linked to the job or was interviewed. No one knows what was in his report, but it clearly wasn’t a glowing endorsement on how the club is being run, and who could argue differently? Seems as though some people have a hard time accepting the truth.

• Banned

He wanted the GM role, not the coaching gig. That doesn’t mean he did anything wrong in his assessment of the club. It’s clear a coaching job has become too big and GM role is obviously needed

• @GNR4LIFE:

Over his report that is. People were saying he was only in business for himself, and only basing the report on what might help to get a job. Really? Cos i don’t think he even applied for the head coaching role, he at least was never linked to the job or was interviewed. No one knows what was in his report, but it clearly wasn’t a glowing endorsement on how the club is being run, and who could argue differently? Seems as though some people have a hard time accepting the truth.

Because a lot of people on here just like to make stuff up based on nothing more than their personal biases with no regard whatsoever to the actual facts of the situation. I can only assume much of the bias comes from media reporting rather than any known connection with the people involved.

Posted using RoarFEED

• There wouldnt have been so much drama had the report not been done when it was,I still reckon the timing of it is what derailed the season,as well as Tallis and other journo garbage……

• There was no substance to suggest he was in it for a job.

He was tasked by the club to do a job, he did it. Seems like his report was used for people to push their own agendas.

• I do not think anyone is qualified to comment on what Smith’s agenda was if they have not read the report.I think he was given some guide lines of what the club wanted to know and how they could do things better and that what he did. Their was no sinister plot.

As for the GM of football operations, I think Mayer stole than idea from AFL rather than the NRL.

• Personally I feel Brian Smith went into the review of football operations with no agenda. But once amongst the cattle saw an opportunity to reestablish himself in the NRL. I feel this may have led to his downfall when considered for the GM Football Operations. Sometimes you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just ask Mick Potter.

• @TrueTiger:

There wouldnt have been so much drama had the report not been done when it was,I still reckon the timing of it is what derailed the season,as well as Tallis and other journo garbage……

My biggest problem with it was the timing, if Potter wasn’t jittery before that started , I bet he was by the time it finished , it was just more pressure on him.
    Smith tends to rapidly Polarise clubs and players when he Coaches them and in my opinion leaves them worst than they were when he started. Very divisive.

• Well why would you ask for an opinion from a guy who has never won a thing in the NRL .im not a smith fan , he is an arrogant man

• @1/4 chicken:

Well why would you ask for an opinion from a guy who has never won a thing in the NRL .im not a smith fan , he is an arrogant man

Big deal, he’s still achieved more than the majority of coaches who have coached in the NRL.

• I personally don’t rate him as a coach. But brilliant at structure.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @sheer64:

Personally I feel Brian Smith went into the review of football operations with no agenda. But once amongst the cattle saw an opportunity to reestablish himself in the NRL. I feel this may have led to his downfall when considered for the GM Football Operations. Sometimes you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just ask Mick Potter.

You should be a writer

• Banned

I have no issue with Smith or his report for that matter. The club is a basket case and its operations desperately needed to be reviewed. However, like others have already said, the timing of it wasn’t great - I think it would’ve served everyone, from the CEO down to us fans, a lot better if it had’ve been conducted during the off season.

• @Flippedy:

I have no issue with Smith or his report for that matter. The club is a basket case and its operations desperately needed to be reviewed. However, like others have already said, the timing of it wasn’t great - I think it would’ve served everyone, from the CEO down to us fans, a lot better if it had’ve been conducted during the off season.

The timing of it wasn’t Smith’s fault.

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

@Flippedy:

The timing of it wasn’t Smith’s fault.

I know that, I never said it was.

Recent Topics