Marina Go tweet

• Banned

She tweeted a headline of a news article if you bothered to click the link on the tweet.

• This is a few days old, not sure how many have seen it, but our chair person of the board sent out an interesting tweet a few days ago:

‘’‘Burqa’ or not, women aren’t a security risk but we fight personal risks everyday’’

Idk how appropriate that kind of tweet is, especially given the crap we’ve had to deal with in the past with players and officials using social media. The last thing we need is another outspoken type.

My opinion is that anyone can be a security risk, women aren’t exempt, so not sure what she’s on about.

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/marinasgo

October 3rd is when the tweet is from, in case anyone wants to see it for themselves.

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

This is a few days old, not sure how many have seen it, but our chair person of the board sent out an interesting tweet a few days ago:

‘’‘Burqa’ or not, women aren’t a security risk but we fight personal risks everyday’’

Idk how appropriate that kind of tweet is, especially given the crap we’ve had to deal with in the past with players and officials using social media. The last thing we need is another outspoken type.

My opinion is that anyone can be a security risk, women aren’t exempt, so not sure what she’s on about.

Thoughts?

October 3rd is when the tweet is from, in case anyone wants to see it for themselves.

But a terrorist dressed in a burqa is a security threat.Love her business ability but she should shut up quick smart on this issue cause quite frankly she is clearly on the wrong side of logical thinking in the current climate.To say no woman(in or out of a burqa) is a foolish statement.Why are women prisons just as full as mens prisons Marina?To say women arent is to insinuate its only a males domain re security risk which in itself smacks of sexism(Im assuming she was playing the race/religion card when making the burqa comment)She is obviously of asian background(Which I have a lot of time for like all cultures) but I must say I get a little annoyed when I hear people of other cultures throwing the race card( for personal agenda/interest) when it could be to the detriment of the nation they call “home” i.e women and kids limbs being blown off due to suicide bombers.Wake up Marina that is the current climate we find ourselves in.Make no mistake.Australians of all colours and religions(moderate muslims included) should unite as one in this evil extremist mentality.

• ForumSupporter

Storm meet teacup

• Make no mistake, Jerry Seinfeld, that all Tigers fans (and anyone with an IQ above zero) should recognise that your comments are racist, populist, extremist, misogynist, divisive and down-right stupid.

I get a little embarrassed that people of my culture and gender (i.e. white anglo, male) and, more embarrassingly, who supposedly support the same team as me, would even think that they could offer such blatant rubbish as a response as you have done here. Particularly as a comment on a tweet from somone of the standing and reputation as Marina Go.

All credit to her for pointing out, again for boofheads like you Jerry, the bleeding obvious.

• Banned

And what do we do about all the bad things the american army have done?

I thinik the american army would have killed just as many innocent people. But hey its not aimed at western culture so not my problem?

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@GNR4LIFE:

This is a few days old, not sure how many have seen it, but our chair person of the board sent out an interesting tweet a few days ago:

Thoughts?

But a terrorist dressed in a burqa is a security threat.Love her business ability but she should shut up quick smart on this issue cause quite frankly she is clearly on the wrong side of logical thinking in the current climate.To say no woman(in or out of a burqa) is a foolish statement.Why are women prisons just as full as mens prisons Marina?To say women arent is to insinuate its only a males domain re security risk which in itself smacks of sexism(Im assuming she was playing the race/religion card when making the burqa comment)She is obviously of asian background(Which I have a lot of time for like all cultures) but I must say I get a little annoyed when I hear people of other cultures throwing the race card( for personal agenda/interest) when it could be to the detriment of the nation they call “home” i.e women and kids limbs being blown off due to suicide bombers.Wake up Marina that is the current climate we find ourselves in.Make no mistake.Australians of all colours and religions(moderate muslims included) should unite as one in this evil extremist mentality.

• Lol this thread ain’t going anywhere good.

• @MacDougall:

Lol this thread ain’t going anywhere good.

Tell Marina to Go away.

• Sure isnt McDougall. Entitled to her opinion. Fortunately we still live in a democracy for now, although we might not if the current mob get their way.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @Jerry Seinfeld:

@GNR4LIFE:

Thoughts?

You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill Jerry. Don’t stress!

• @littletiger:

She tweeted a headline of a news article if you bothered to click the link on the tweet.

Does it matter? It stills shows she supports that logic, and its pretty illogical to say (or support) the theory that woman aren’t a risk. Anyone can be a risk, regardless of gender or race.

• Marina should worry about the Wests Tigers affairs and not get involved in politics,granted she can have her own opinion,but she must remember now she is in the spotlight 24/7.People will be quick to judge if she leaves the door open far enough. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :sign:

• Banned

The article was probably in one of her magazines. I don’t think she cares about the minority tiger fan that goes through her tweets thinks. Think she has bigger things to worry about then that.

here article if anyone interested.

http://www.womensagenda.com.au/talking-about/editor-s-agenda/burqa-or-not-women-arent-a-security-risk-but-we-fight-personal-risks-everyday/201410024700

• GNR,remember the last Marina Go thread,how that ended up…
    Let’s hope not to many take an interest in this one……

• @Jerry Seinfeld:

She is obviously of asian background(Which I have a lot of time for like all cultures) but I must say I get a little annoyed when I hear people of other cultures throwing the race card( for personal agenda/interest) when it could be to the detriment of the nation they call “home” i.e women and kids limbs being blown off due to suicide bombers.

I only see your comments throwing out the race card, have you read the article?

The main body discusses the the idea of anyone wearing a burqa who wants to view parliament must do so from a segregated glass box. Surely any sane person cannot view this as reasonable treatment of an Australian in their own country. What risk do they pose, they’ve already been through security (metal detectors) they are no more a risk that you or I.

Why shouldn’t Marina highlight the plight of women and their security.

I watched an animated movie with my kids, the boss cow had a a saying that went like this:

A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

If more of us lived like that, maybe the world would be a better place.

Recent Topics