Anyone know much about Matt Cameron

• Have heard his name mentioned as assistant coach but don’t know of him.

Posted using RoarFEED

• know nothing of him first hand but a quick google shows that he’s another one from the recent Panthers team. Gould made some good comments on him:
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/how-penrith-panthers-put-grey-days-behind-them-20140906-10dato.html
    "In early 2012 we did introduce a plan called “Project 2015 — built from within”. The architect of this program was a gentleman by the name of Matt Cameron, who is now our high performance manager. Matt is responsible for overseeing this entire operation.

When I first spoke to him about working for Panthers, I told him I wanted to review and reshape our entire development programs. I asked him if he could make it happen.

I gave Matt a blank canvas to create his own program and his own job description. Within a week he presented a brilliant model for Panthers. I simply said, “Build it.” Matt has done the rest. He has been a key acquisition. Our CUBS participation program begins with kids as young as 12. The best youngsters will then progress to our JETS (Junior Elite Training Systems) and junior representative teams. We also have COLTS programs for late developers. "

Was Eels before that
    http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/media-alert-matt-cameron-departs?id=500401%3ATopic%3A996448&page=2

& this
    http://www.rlcm.com.au/latest-news/22908-rugby-league

• Google matt Cameron rugby league, and there is a piece on him by Phil Gould. He is / was the panthers high performance manager.
    Could be an asset

• Matt Cameron was highly rated with Parra and he coached all through the grades there up to NSW Cup so has a good background in developing young players.
    Taylor and Moss would of worked with him at Parra. He may also have been an assistant coach under Smith and Hagan at Parra.
    I think he would be a good signing on the coaching staff with good pedigree.
    Hoping to get someone who can rebuild our defence structure and stop our wingers from rushing in leaving our centre with 15 metres to cover his arse. Worst defence structure of all time that I have seen.

• It’s a done deal.

• Outstanding drummer with Soundgarden and now Pearl Jam.

Sorry!

• @sjtiger:

Outstanding drummer with Soundgarden and now Pearl Jam.

Sorry!

Still with Soundgarden sometimes.

• Welcome to the rusty cage that is Wests Tigers Matt Cameron…

• @sjtiger:

Sorry!

That was my first thought also but this other dude sounds alright too!

• @sjtiger:

Sorry!

Then he should have no issue drumming proper defensive structures into a footy team then. 😆

Things falling into place. How many sleeps 'til kick off?

• Its reported in today’s RLW that Roosters trainer Keegan Smith ( son of Brian ) has left the club .

Surely short odds to be headed our way .

• @vlad:

Its reported in today’s RLW that Roosters trainer Keegan Smith ( son of Brian ) has left the club .

wasnt that rohan smith who went to the titans? or does brian have two sons working in NRL?

• @vlad:

Its reported in today’s RLW that Roosters trainer Keegan Smith ( son of Brian ) has left the club .

If so it could be byebye to Patten and Kidwell.
    For 2015 we could be looking at the following:
    Head Coach: Jason Taylor
    Assistants: Matt Cameron and Keegan Smith
    U20s: ? Mat Head maybe?

• Keegan Smith is only working on a part time basis at the moment with the tigers.

• With news of Skando being getting the chop I think it’s more likely Cameron will take over that role than being an assistant.

Recent Topics