Jason Taylor and new signings.

• Apart from hearing that the Tigers pulled out of the Taitarangi deal, all is very quiet on new signings,having said that Taylor is pretty smart and I think some of the Roosters players are coming off contract and he may have something up his sleeve.He would definitely know who would be affordable to us and what we need.
    Maybe this is why he said no to BT,and can see value in someone else.I really hope he gets to have the final say on all new signings and builds a top NRL squad for us,he should be left alone with Moss to work on the playing roster.
    He certainly has a great young roster to work around and 2015 should be exciting to say the least.
    I just wish that the club would be a bit more forthcoming with info for us Wests Tigers supporters,however when training starts again they may let us no more once a few things get finalised 😃 :sign:

• @TrueTiger:

Apart from hearing that the Tigers pulled out of the Taitarangi deal, all is very quiet on new signings,having said that Taylor is pretty smart and I think some of the Roosters players are coming off contract and he may have something up his sleeve.He would definitely know who would be affordable to us and what we need.
    Maybe this is why he said no to BT,and can see value in someone else.I really hope he gets to have the final say on all new signings and builds a top NRL squad for us,he should be left alone with Moss to work on the playing roster.
    He certainly has a great young roster to work around and 2015 should be exciting to say the least.
    I just wish that the club would be a bit more forthcoming with info for us Wests Tigers supporters,however when training starts again they may let us no more once a few things get finalised 😃 :sign:

As a fan, I’d like to know what’s going on. But now isn’t the time to play out potential signings in the press. Hopefully, if there is anyone on the market Taylor likes, we hear after they’ve been signed.

• Will be interesting to see how many of our current squad won’t be there by the end of next season.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @phil1986:

Will be interesting to see how many of our current squad won’t be there by the end of next season.

Posted using RoarFEED

Quite a few I think if they perform like last year.

• Anyone done the sums as to whether we have much cap space?

• Anyone who was hoping JT would go on a signing rampage after he was appointed were aiming for a bridge too far. Not only would cap space be an issue, but at this stage of the yr, the pickings are slim on the open market. Better off just going into next yr with what he has and aim for an all out assault on the player market for 2016.

• @guyofthetiger:

Anyone done the sums as to whether we have much cap space?

I doubt anyone here knows how much cap space we have left. A host of players were upgraded so we probably don’t have much.

• Banned

@willow:

@guyofthetiger:

Anyone done the sums as to whether we have much cap space?

I doubt anyone here knows how much cap space we have left. A host of players were upgraded so we probably don’t have much.

To the successful clubs, the salary cap is only a minor annoyance, not a factor in terms of what they pay their players.

We just need to get creative.

Get Grant Mayer to slip $10k into a certain poker machine every Thursday night, then after getting distracted, player X wanders by and hits ‘collect’.

Works for drug dealers and organised criminals, sure it could work for us.

• Yet I don’t understand how we aren’t under the cap? Surely losing Benji & Tuqiri is at least 1mil

• @Milky:

Yet I don’t understand how we aren’t under the cap? Surely losing Benji & Tuqiri is at least 1mil

Something is horribly wrong when you compare the estimated costing of our existing roster with those of other clubs and the club is really struggling to find money to buy a decent class player. What has happened - is it because the club is stuck with overloaded long term contracts we have with players such as Moltzen, Lawrence etc?

• @Newtown:

@Milky:

Yet I don’t understand how we aren’t under the cap? Surely losing Benji & Tuqiri is at least 1mil

Something is horribly wrong when you compare the estimated costing of our existing roster with those of other clubs and the club is really struggling to find money to buy a decent class player. What has happened - is it because the club is stuck with overloaded long term contracts we have with players such as Moltzen, Lawrence etc?

Yep also Anasta and Fulton would be at least 500k, something seems wrong.

• Maybe the club cant afford to spend the full cap, I remember that in 05 we only spent 2.7mill out of a maximum 3.2 that year, (figures are from memory)

• The club had some huge issues with back ended contracts. It’s all well and good to say ‘Fulton was on $400k’ etc however the contracts aren’t even. To get it under the salary cap for a 3 year contract they might do $150k for 2013, $200k for 2014 and then $600k for 2015. This is how clubs get themselves into trouble.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @fergiefurr:

The club had some huge issues with back ended contracts. It’s all well and good to say ‘Fulton was on $400k’ etc however the contracts aren’t even. To get it under the salary cap for a 3 year contract they might do $150k for 2013, $200k for 2014 and then $600k for 2015. This is how clubs get themselves into trouble.

Posted using RoarFEED

Long term back ended contracts for players who lose form or carry long term injuries after being signed to these contracts. Wests Tigers have at least a couple of these contracts to contend with and my concern is that if Wests Tigers continue to carry these contracts they will impact quite heavily on the club’s resource ability to purchase even one class player in the next two years…

• A guy on Facebook on a Tigers page reckons Skando and Portesi have been given the chop, so a restructure to our S&C staff?

I know it’s an extremely weak source, but thought is chuck it up. I’m guessing this thread is for signings in general?

Posted using RoarFEED

Recent Topics