I'm so impressed by JT

• I know its only early days, and I know a coach when first appointed, like a newly appointed PM has a honeymoon period, and atm JT is having his, but so far how good has it been. He’s come in and he’s putting his stamp on the side. I would have been happy with Takairangi, but i’m actually rapt that he came in reversed the decision. It shows he’s prepared to put his foot down. As much as i liked Potter, he never would have done that, or would have sacked Skando from his role, another sound move from JT.

I have full confidence in Taylor, I don’t think he’ll have any trouble making it known what he needs and wants, and i don’t believe he’ll be the type to allow under performing players to canter along. Its starting to feel fresh again, bring on 2015.

• Banned

@GNR4LIFE:

I know its only early days, and I know a coach when first appointed, like a newly appointed PM has a honeymoon period, and atm JT is having his, but so far how good has it been. He’s come in and he’s putting his stamp on the side. I would have been happy with Takairangi, but i’m actually rapt that he came in reversed the decision. It shows he’s prepared to put his foot down. As much as i liked Potter, he never would have done that, or would have sacked Skando from his role, another sound move from JT.

I have full confidence in Taylor, I don’t think he’ll have any trouble making it known what he needs and wants, and i don’t believe he’ll be the type to allow under performing players to canter along. Its starting to feel fresh again, bring on 2015.

Agree 100%.Taylor cops no crap and he demands excellence.

• Early days, but already their seems to be some real direction. You get the feeling that their is a real strong coaching/management team being assembled headed by Moss and Taylor. I think Taylor will really engage with the players, but on the other hand come down hard if and when he has to.

As I said early days, but we had to have change and the more I think about the more I think Taylor was the best choice

• I like that he’s out to prove himself, and I think that will make him do whatever is necessary to achieve success. His last stint at Souths ended so negatively it tarnished his reputation, and I think he wants to set the course straight.

• Very positive start.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @alex:

I like that he’s out to prove himself, and I think that will make him do whatever is necessary to achieve success. His last stint at Souths ended so negatively it tarnished his reputation, and I think he wants to set the course straight.

He’d have to be a special kind of idiot not to have learned from his Souths exit. I’m almost certain he’ll be a different person coaching us. Just like when young players who are morons get older and mature. Willie Mason for example.

• Everyone can talk the talk, but only some coaches can turn the talk into actions. I’m sick of hearing the same old “I can turn this club around.” I’ll let the on field performances prove if Taylor has the goods.

Posted using RoarFEED

• I hope he can turn things around in a suitable but most likely unrealistic time frame, based on our expectations.
    He should go out and invest in one of those cattle prod gizmos. May be what is required.

• This is what I’d expect any coach to say or do

I’m just hoping his actions speak even louder than his words

Something tells me we are definitely heading in a new direction , lets hope our on field performances match our off field resolutions

• Just hoping he belts the guys in pre-season training (obviously not literally, we all know what happened last time he did that.)

• Definitely a positive start, although given the same power I think Potter would’ve done the same.

Still I’m excited about the direction our club is taking & looking forward to how this translates on the field!

Posted using RoarFEED

• @greatodensraven:

Definitely a positive start, although given the same power I think Potter would’ve done the same.

Still I’m excited about the direction our club is taking & looking forward to how this translates on the field!

Posted using RoarFEED

Idk about that, he didn’t even drop under performing players. I don’t think he had the personality to be an NRL coach. Coaches need to be bastards sometimes, and make some tough decisions. I don’t think Potter had it in him to be a bastard.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@greatodensraven:

Definitely a positive start, although given the same power I think Potter would’ve done the same.

Posted using RoarFEED

Idk about that, he didn’t even drop under performing players. I don’t think he had the personality to be an NRL coach. Coaches need to be bastards sometimes, and make some tough decisions. I don’t think Potter had it in him to be a bastard.

I’m referring to when Potter mentioned he didn’t have the power to make the tough decisions. Mayer seemed to back this up when announcing JT & Moss’ appointments as he mentioned JT would have full authority over the team, support staff, etc.

Either way that’s in the past now. Looks like we have a fresh start. Bring on 2015.

Posted using RoarFEED

• Banned

@supercoach:

Early days, but already their seems to be some real direction. You get the feeling that their is a real strong coaching/management team being assembled headed by Moss and Taylor. I think Taylor will really engage with the players, but on the other hand come down hard if and when he has to.

As I said early days, but we had to have change and the more I think about the more I think Taylor was the best choice

Agree totally mate.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@greatodensraven:

Posted using RoarFEED

he was given little power, and the second tier cap continuously handcuffed his ability to draw players. As well as injuries obviously.

Recent Topics