They were right

• Souths ARE the pride of the LEAGUE.

Now I know who’s LEAGUE they are talking about.

All week – everyday on the news, the papers, the media all over it. Ticker tape parades on double decker buses ending at Sydney town hall after parading the suburbs, boat cruises on the harbour, Burgess miracles, players swapping rings with coaches, players losing rings, Bath coach on local national news licking his lips, key to the city, Maguire taking a bunch of kids to the Kokoda trail/track, taking the cup to the top of Sydney harbour bridge an icon of Australia & Packer joins Crowe to secure South future etc etc etc –
    Everyday, today is DAY 5
    My question is –
    When will it ever stop – have we created a monster???

• ForumSupporter

Only people I know still gagging over it are South’s fans….haven’t given them a second thought

• Its times like this i’m glad i don’t watch TV or listen to the radio, or read newspapers so my knowledge of whats going on is pretty minimal. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Its times like this i’m glad i don’t watch TV or listen to the radio, or read newspapers so my knowledge of whats going on is pretty minimal. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

In my opinion it is the best way to go. Everbody, including James Packer, appears to be jumping on the Souths bandwagon.

• Banned

@AmericanHistoryX:

Souths ARE the pride of the LEAGUE.

All week – everyday on the news, the papers, the media all over it. Ticker tape parades on double decker buses ending at Sydney town hall after parading the suburbs, boat cruises on the harbour, Burgess miracles, players swapping rings with coaches, players losing rings, Bath coach on local national news licking his lips, key to the city, Maguire taking a bunch of kids to the Kokoda trail/track, taking the cup to the top of Sydney harbour bridge an icon of Australia & Packer joins Crowe to secure South future etc etc etc –
    Everyday, today is DAY 5
    My question is –

I know it’s a tad nauseating AHX, but it sure beats the hell out of hearing all the crap about the friggin Bachelor all the time - now that’s really been nauseating! Talk about trying to milk a stupid reality TV show for all its worth.

• @Flippedy:

@AmericanHistoryX:

Everyday, today is DAY 5
    My question is –

I know it’s a tad nauseating AHX, but it sure beats the hell out of hearing all the crap about the friggin Bachelor all the time - now that’s really been nauseating! Talk about trying to milk a stupid reality TV show for all its worth.

Any woman dumb enough to go on that show deserves to be ditched.

• I’m just waiting for Russell’s new movie about Sam Burgess. And Sam would be played by……you guessed it, Russell himself.

Posted using RoarFEED

• Banned

@Bones:

@Flippedy:

@AmericanHistoryX:

Everyday, today is DAY 5
    My question is –

Any woman dumb enough to go on that show deserves to be ditched.

I couldn’t give a stuff about any of them, tbh. I don’t watch the show, never have and I certainly don’t appreciate it being forced fed down my throat every time I get on the internet or watch the news. Like really, who cares about this crap?

• If Sam Burgess were to do a movie it would have to be Quasimodo (the hunch back of Notre-damn).

Posted using RoarFEED

• DAY 6

LOOKING tired, swollen and bruised, Sam Burgess arrived late to the Rabbitohs’ best and fairest awards on Friday night, but went home with an armful of trophies to cap an incredible final season in rugby league.

Burgess underwent major surgery on Tuesday to have four metal plates inserted into his face after having an eye socket and cheekbone fractured in the first tackle of Sunday night’s grand final win over the Bulldogs.

Having only been released from hospital hours before the awards, Burgess arrived with his partner Phoebe Hooke just before 8pm, an hour after the official ceremony had begun.

While other late arrivals near Burgess and Hooke told reporters to “leave him alone”, Burgess politely declined to speak to the waiting media, saying through a muffed voice, “I’m not going to do any talking tonight, sorry guys”, before heading into the Royal Randwick Racecourse ballroom.

The rest of the Burgess clan — brothers Luke, Tom and George, and mother Julie — had arrived earlier in the night.

The Rabbitohs lock took home five awards, including the George Piggins best and fairest medal.

In his final year as a Rabbitoh before switching to rugby union, Burgess also claimed the clubman of the year and players’ player awards.

It wasn’t just the players impressed with his season either, with more than 30,000 of the club’s members voting Burgess the player of the year. He also won the Burrow’s top award.

While it may have been Burgess’s night, his teammates were also recognised for their triumphant season with winger Alex Johnston named the rookie of the year, while Greg Inglis and Issac Luke were awarded best try and best hit respectively.

Burgess now must play the waiting game while he recovers from surgery, before returning to England where he will embark on his union career with Bath.

Recent Topics