Sirronen sacked as U/20 manager

• Banned

As reported on CH 9 news tonight: Paul Sirronen has been sacked as U/20 manager for the WT.

I guess the clean out continues…

I like this new direction….no more jobs for the boys…

• And Blocker still avoids the ax. Bloody hell

• Good Riddance & I hope Steve Roach is next…

• ForumSupporter

@GNR4LIFE:

And Blocker still avoids the ax. Bloody hell

Blocker wont be with the Wests Tigers in 2015…he is so insignificant it wont even rate a mention…

• Wests Tigers is certainly becoming a club for true professionals - coaches and assistants. Much more qualifications are now needed than just having previously played for the club.

• Geeze, no messing around over the last week or two. Very cool.

Viva la revolucion!!

• @Geo.:

@GNR4LIFE:

And Blocker still avoids the ax. Bloody hell

Blocker wont be with the Wests Tigers in 2015…he is so insignificant it wont even rate a mention…

Yep he was only ever a mark on the pimple on the elephants bum.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @Newtown:

Wests Tigers is certainly becoming a club for true professionals - coaches and assistants. Much more qualifications are now needed than just having previously played for the club.

• Question is still who are they signing to replace these people but it’s a great start!

• People who are cheering this decision clearly have NO CLUE about how football clubs work, and particularity how this football club works.

First of all - you don’t crap on your own, and this week that’s what we’ve done to Skando and Sirro. All things aside about ‘professionalism’ you don’t treat people who have put their heart and soul in the club like this.

None of you clearly have any idea about Sirro’s role either. This is the man that has transformed the Balmain Junior League and Balmain Junior Reps. Thanks to his work, we’ve produced two Origin players in the past 10 years and have a number of future rep players (Brooks, Moses, Curtis, Simona) and if you ask anyone it’s pretty much solely because of the work Sirro has done for Balmain and WT.

This will also have massive ramifications on the playing group - how do you think Curtis feels about a coach and a club treating his dad like crap? He’d be understandably peed off, as would a number of the squad who have had relationships with Sirro since they were teenagers at Balmain. Talk all you want about a boys club, Sirro is one of the few guys who deserves his job at the club and works bloody hard in it. Knowing someone who’s had personal experience with him in his role, this is a terrible decision.

• You do crap on your own if they are not the best people for the role. To give Sirro the credit for Brooks and Moses is beyond me, they had talent well before Sirro was involved with them.

This is a business, not an old boys club. I love Sirro, nicest guy in the league, but if he is not the best person for the position then I am sure he would be first to put his hand up.

Moving forward……

• I think that any person involved with RL clubs understands that with a change of coach , board ,GM etc understand that heads might roll

How many coaches would Sirro had during his playing days ??

I can’t comment whether he was doing a good job or not , but in times like these sometimes we have unfortunate victims

And he might not be the only one either

Taylor and Moss need to have complete faith in every person they are dealing with at every level

If it brings results I bet we will hear little complaining or rumblings

• @Tigersmurf:

You do crap on your own if they are not the best people for the role. To give Sirro the credit for Brooks and Moses is beyond me, they had talent well before Sirro was involved with them.

This is a business, not an old boys club. I love Sirro, nicest guy in the league, but if he is not the best person for the position then I am sure he would be first to put his hand up.

Moving forward……

Don’t think you understand - if not for Sironen they’d be playing for Parramatta right now

• Hard to comment on this one personally. I had never heard anything negative about Sirro in the way he had managed the NYC side, and this is a side which has been a consistent top 8 finisher at the end of each season, so I’m unaware if he has been poor in his position.

It’s obviously done now though so I hope whoever steps in to fill the void is just as professional, if not more so.

• While I like the fact that Moss and Taylor have put their foot down and made some tough decisions already (albeit perhaps recommendations from Brian Smith) I’m not sure if this one might be a bit harsh.
    Our U20s team has done quite well and while I’m not sure of Sironen’s exact role surely he can’t be doing so much wrong that he deserves dismissal.

Recent Topics