Salary Cap - Top 5...

• ForumSupporter

With all the talk of signings for 2015 or lack there off it got me thinking who are our top 5 paid players and TBH I could only come up with 3…

1. Farah
    2. Woods
    3. Blair
    4. ???
    5. ???

Perhaps those wiser than I or with more knowledge could fill in the gaps…Cause when you look at our roster with so much youth we must be paying massive overs to some…

Any help appreciated…

• @Geo.:

With all the talk of signings for 2015 or lack there off it got me thinking who are our top 5 paid players and TBH I could only come up with 3…

1. Farah
    2. Woods
    3. Blair
    4. ???
    5. ???

Perhaps those wiser than I or with more knowledge could fill in the gaps…Cause when you look at our roster with so much youth we must be paying massive overs to some…

Any help appreciated…

4. Lawrence
    5. The tiger sharks ??

Posted using RoarFEED

• yes when u compare our squad with THE DOGS, THE ROOSTERS THE STORM AND ONE OR TWO OTHERS it makes u wonder how much we have paid to keep a bunch of kids that have not done anything yet.

• 1.Farah
    2.Woods
    3.Blair
    4.Lawrence
    5.Tedesco

Not in that order but as of next year they are the highest paid players in our cap

Posted using RoarFEED

• Brooks and Moses are on $400k from memory, and pretty sure Galloway is well over $300k.

We had to fight the Storm for Marty, so I am thinking $350 plus, and Moltzen I believe is up over the $300k too.

So, with the players named 1, 2 & 3, I would guesstimate we have $4 million sewn up in 8 players excluding Lawrence and Tedesco who between them likely add another $800k plus.

Doesn’t leave much room for the rest….

• ForumSupporter

Moses a 19yo who hadn’t played a FG game till late in the year on 400K……that’ll do me

• People need to learn that they need to separate what a players contract might be and what their salary cap value is

Two completely different fish

• ForumSupporter

@happy tiger:

People need to learn that they need to separate what a players contract might be and what their salary cap value is

True…Enlighten us Oh honourable and Wise one… 😃

• 1. Farah 900k (can’t believe we pay him this much)
    2. Woods 500-600k
    3. Blair 500k
    4. Tedesco 450k
    5. Lawrence 350 k

• @Geo.:

@happy tiger:

People need to learn that they need to separate what a players contract might be and what their salary cap value is

True…Enlighten us Oh honourable and Wise one… 😃

Some Examples Blair probably a TPA , maybe a car

Tedesco Studies for his degree ,car possibly ,tpas possibly (well supposedly but they can’t organize one in 6 months worth of trying )

What their contract might be and his salary cap value might be (like we hear about with the Roosters ,Dogs ,Storm etc ) could be literally poles apart

• Lawrence had his contract back ended BIG TIME by Sheens when he signed on for 5 years. Worst decision Sheens made. Lawrence is not a FG player and hasn’t been so for 2 years now.

In 2015, he will be on $500k-$550k!

WAAAAAAYY TOO MUCH!

• @Black & Gold:

Lawrence had his contract back ended BIG TIME by Sheens when he signed on for 5 years. Worst decision Sheens made. Lawrence is not a FG player and hasn’t been so for 2 years now.

WAAAAAAYY TOO MUCH!

To be fair on Lawrence, when we re-signed him he was a Test player who looked to be breaking into the NSW side at any moment, then he did his hip, had extended hamstring problems as a result and it all went downhill. Can understand why they paid what they did at the time.

• @Benjirific:

@Black & Gold:

Lawrence had his contract back ended BIG TIME by Sheens when he signed on for 5 years. Worst decision Sheens made. Lawrence is not a FG player and hasn’t been so for 2 years now.

WAAAAAAYY TOO MUCH!

To be fair on Lawrence, when we re-signed him he was a Test player who looked to be breaking into the NSW side at any moment, then he did his hip, had extended hamstring problems as a result and it all went downhill. Can understand why they paid what they did at the time.

This is the risk of investing in players long term. As you’ve said Benji, he was 18th man in the NSW origin side and had already wore Australian colours. He had a bright future that has been cruelled by injury. Back-ending his deal was a mistake but I can understand why he hasn’t pulled up stumps if the bulk of his money is still owed to him, especially if he doesn’t get offered another contract.

• Question
    Do they still make brown paper bags.
    Or do they just come in certain colours. Like red white and blue.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @walterwhite:

1.Farah
    2.Woods
    3.Blair
    4.Lawrence
    5.Tedesco

Not in that order but as of next year they are the highest paid players in our cap

Posted using RoarFEED

That would be my guess too. Lawrence is backloaded, Blair is on good coin as Teddy will be next year, Woodsy was upgraded and Farah would be the highest paid player easily.

Recent Topics