Trent Merrin off contract at the end of 2015

• I was going through the list of players from every side who are off contract at the end of 2015, and this guys name stood out like a beacon. This is the guy JT should be gunning for. I’ve been in favour of re-signing Blair on a reduced contract, but i’d be happy to see him move on so we can put a massive off to Merrin, cos i think he’d be worth every cent.

If we could pull off Merrin, and 1 or 2 other solid first graders, then we’d be in great shape.

• ForumSupporter

A big YES from me nice replacement for Blair…although I have a feeling we will see the best of Blair next season

• Banned

Would love to get Merrin here, great player. A change of clubs would do him the world of good I reckon :mrgreen:

• Top player. Great motor and a good offload. Exactly the sort of player we need. Since losing Fulton we lost a player with a solid work rate every game. Plus his added size would bring some grunt to the pack.

Posted using RoarFEED

• No doubt will end up at the Rabbits or Roosters

On some ridiculous deal

• really? wow, i think he is one of the most overrated players going around…

• No chance. At Wollongong he has the opportunity to wake up every day beside Sally Fitzgibbon. There is no club or amount of money that could compete with that.

• @iofthetigers,he might get bored with Sally and prefer to runout on CSS to a packed house full of WT supporters screaming his name,that would give him a buzz,
    He can always go back to Sal after the game…

He would be a great signing if it ever happened,has a great motor and is tough as teak…

• I’d have him here, but I think it’s going to take a few coins to get him here.

• Well take it with a grain of salt but the RLW Mole says we’re close to signing Merrin for next season.

Dragons are very keen to offload some players. We have the space and if they’re paying even say a third of Merrin’s contract for next season it would be a great signing.

• Great player with great second -phase play. It’s a shame the Dragons can’t do anything with it. Love to see him at the Tigs

Posted using RoarFEED

• Where did Mole say that?

• @happy tiger:

No doubt will end up at the Rabbits or Roosters

On some ridiculous deal

Can see it now, Merrin signs for a leading NRL club east of the cricket ground for 200grand a year. Australian’s leading female surfer gets new massive sponsorship deal from a large car retailer. Call me cynical, but funnier things have happened

• @Balmain Boy:

Well take it with a grain of salt but the RLW Mole says we’re close to signing Merrin for next season.

Dragons are very keen to offload some players. We have the space and if they’re paying even say a third of Merrin’s contract for next season it would be a great signing.

Iam not sure the Dragons would be keen to do a deal with us after the MOltzen saga, although we did give them Benchy

• He would be a great replacement for Blair.

Recent Topics