Team "Lists"

• I have noticed during the last year or so that when some people in the media refer to a club’s squad or roster of players they are calling it their “list”, which is the word that those AFL morons use for it. As far as I’m concerned, a list is something you make before you go shopping, and not a suitable word to describe a group of players contracted to a football team. On the rare occasions when I happen to see some AFL coverage, I’ll hear these stupid phrases like “We’ve got a deep list this year” or “We made some improvements to our list” and I’m just :crazy. The fact that the term has worked its way into the NRL pisses me off. I heard Cameron Williams use it during the Grand Final coverage and it made me frown.

Does this annoy anyone else as much as it annoys me?

• Haven’t really noticed tbh. The day league fans start using the word ‘‘barrack’’ then thats when you’ll have something to really rant about.

• Banned

@TigersFan4Life:

I have noticed during the last year or so that when some people in the media refer to a club’s squad or roster of players they are calling it their “list”, which is the word that those AFL morons use for it. As far as I’m concerned, a list is something you make before you go shopping, and not a suitable word to describe a group of players contracted to a football team. On the rare occasions when I happen to see some AFL coverage, I’ll hear these stupid phrases like “We’ve got a deep list this year” or “We made some improvements to our list” and I’m just :crazy. The fact that the term has worked its way into the NRL pisses me off. I heard Cameron Williams use it during the Grand Final coverage and it made me frown.

Cancer annoys me but each to their own(I dont have it thank god).

• Banned

Ah gotta love the off season 😆

• @GNR4LIFE:

Haven’t really noticed tbh. The day league fans start using the word ‘‘barrack’’ then thats when you’ll have something to really rant about.

Yeah that and fans singing Tigertown and Good old Collingwood when we win 😮

I think because of the salary cap the word List has become more important because you can’t survive with your 17 man top squad

You need to utilize your entire roster or list to be a top side

Temato ,Tomato ,pertata ,potato

Just a word , nothing more or less

• It is annoying when other codes terms creep into ours.
    We dont play for a flag, or a cup,
    We now have offense, instead of attack…blind sides now short side, tho this last one Im not sur if from another code…theres lots of them

• Really don’t care if they call it a List or Squad,as long as the right names are on it that can play NRL at the top level for 80 mins…

• ForumSupporter

@TigersFan4Life:

I have noticed during the last year or so that when some people in the media refer to a club’s squad or roster of players they are calling it their “list”, which is the word that those AFL morons use for it. As far as I’m concerned, a list is something you make before you go shopping, and not a suitable word to describe a group of players contracted to a football team. On the rare occasions when I happen to see some AFL coverage, I’ll hear these stupid phrases like “We’ve got a deep list this year” or “We made some improvements to our list” and I’m just :crazy. The fact that the term has worked its way into the NRL pisses me off. I heard Cameron Williams use it during the Grand Final coverage and it made me frown.

Time to put a bex on the list and have a good lie down…

Recent Topics