NRL players Mental health issues..

• It is the off season and we can discuss different topics…
    I read that Darius Boyd,love him or loathe him,has a problem with depression,he like many other people suffer from it and it can effect anyone,anytime personally or family and friends…
    I feel for anybody in this situation and can only applaud Boyds strength in addressing the problem,it certainly wouldn’t be easy admitting to it or seeking help for it…
    If anybody is suffering from it or knows someone that’s affected by it please seek help,there is no shame in asking for help…
    I wish Darius and anyone else with this illness all the best and speedy recovery to a normal healthy life…

😃 😃 😃 🙏

• ForumSupporter

Just remember….R U OK…

• @Geo,yes I’m fine,I sometimes wonder if your though…

If you were being smug about my thread,then you didn’t get a laugh out of me…

Note… IF you were being smug…

• This is something I worry about especially for Farah. He has been under immense pressure for a long time over his career. Having to shoulder a lot of the burden when others have not been able to perform as expected. The cracks have really started to appear this season, and it got the better of him. When he tried to escape the pressure, he was criticised. When he tried to speak up, he was criticised. When you have things like this going on, you really need your team, your mates, your club and supporters around you, helping to get you through it.

• It was mental health week last week, and despite the high profile cases of Boyd and Fifita being admitted to clinics suffering depression in the last few months, the NRL was totally silent on the matter.

They even have a bloody website promoting positive mental health amongst the rugby league family, and yet the couldn’t even be bothered putting up an article on their own website? That’s a piss poor effort.

Same as the NRL’s policy on concussions. Way too soft. Players will be dying in the future because of their tardiness, but that’s for another thread.

At the exact moment that a player is outed for depression there’s a rallying support for them by players, officials, press etc. A few weeks later no one can be bothered to do anything, even small to help those players or the many others who suffer in silence. The NRL has role models, and should be using them for the public good rather than blowing their load over the bunnies!

• @TrueTiger:

@Geo,yes I’m fine,I sometimes wonder if your though…

R U O.K. is what groups like Beyond Blue recommend people ask their workmates, family members etc if they concerned about their wellbeing. It is also something that people who use this forum should always consider before they unfairly criticise others.

• ForumSupporter

Thank you Newtown

@TrueTiger:

Umm no…I was reminding every one that it doesn’t take much to check with those around you if they are in fact OK

3 simple words R U OK…

• Banned

@Geo.:

Thank you Newtown

@TrueTiger:

Umm no…I was reminding every one that it doesn’t take much to check with those around you if they are in fact OK

3 simple words R U OK…

Did sound a little smug.Give him a pass.I knew what you meant.

• @Newtown thank you for the explanation I didn’t know….
    @Geo I apologise,I took it in the wrong context… 😃

Recent Topics