Blake Austin Released

• From Wests Tigers official Website. 14/10/2014

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the Club has agreed to an early release for Blake Austin.

Austin’s manager has made a number of approaches to the Club over the last few weeks and confirmed as recently as early last week that Austin had agreed to play with another Club in 2016 and 2017.

Austin’s release follows the announcement that James Gavet will be joining the Brisbane Broncos with Wests Tigers Head Coach Jason Taylor wishing both Austin and Gavet the best of luck at their new Clubs.

“On behalf of Wests Tigers I’d like to thank both Blake and James for their efforts while here at the Club and wish them well at their new Clubs,” said Taylor. “Both players have made it abundantly clear that they saw their future elsewhere and therefore we had no hesitation in granting their release.

“We understand that Wests Tigers supporters will be disappointed in their decision but it gives the Club an opportunity to review the playing roster for the coming years,” he said. “We’re committed to building a strong Club for the future and need to be sure that the players join me on this journey.”

Austin played 19 games for Wests Tigers during the 2014 NRL season.

• There you go, Taylor said himself that neither player was committed to the club next yr. Why would he want players who don’t want to be there. The right decision was made, now we can put it to rest.

• extremely disappointed……

• Blake has a young family to look after, best of luck to him if it puts himself and his family in a better position.

• What’s the bet brooks or Moses get a season ending injury in the first couple of rounds, now who is going to step into their place ???

Posted using RoarFEED

• Blake also had off field issues that have been kept nice and quiet. Good luck in the future Blake

Posted using RoarFEED

• @westy81:

What’s the bet brooks or Moses get a season ending injury in the first couple of rounds, now who is going to step into their place ???

Posted using RoarFEED

These hypotheticals are ridiculous. Austin deserves more than to be the guy waiting in the wings for an injury. Would have been selfish of us to keep him when we were only going to use him for depth and stop him from taking a starting spot elsewhere for good money.

• Yeah get rid of the cheap young player who plays his guts out! I love management!

Meanwhile Lawrence, Lulia, Galloway, Anasta, hell you can argue Farah have no consequences against them.

Joke administration.

• Well, he did sign a 2 year deal with us knowing this so really we won’t be unfair to him by keeping him tbh.

Koro and Austin we released for THEIR good and KoroS departure came to bite us later this season.

On a different note, I will try to be positive and say- what if teddy, brooks, Moses and farah play out the whole season without any injury?

Posted using RoarFEED

• @Black Orange White:

Yeah get rid of the cheap young player who plays his guts out! I love management!

Meanwhile Lawrence, Lulia, Galloway, Anasta, hell you can argue Farah have no consequences against them.

Joke administration.

Did you even read the release? He didn’t want to be there, why keep a player who isn’t committed?

• We lost a great utility player. But I don’t blame the bloke. Best player for 2014.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @tig_prmz:

Well, he did sign a 2 year deal with us knowing this so really we won’t be unfair to him by keeping him tbh.

Koro and Austin we released for THEIR good and KoroS departure came to bite us later this season.

On a different note, I will try to be positive and say- what if teddy, brooks, Moses and farah play out the whole season without any injury?

Posted using RoarFEED

lol

Posted using RoarFEED

• Pity, I would have liked to see him stay. All the best Blake.

• why dont we give them all a release and go back and play park football, we dont have enough good players as it is and we just let them walk out the door. different story if there was players waiting to get a game, but there is very little around. we will not have to worry about any second teir next year, as ther will be no one to bring up.

Recent Topics