Salary cap

• Salary cap

I think the salary cap should be changed or just to make it a fair Plainfield.
    We’ve even seen cheating in the salary cap in the past. And possibly more but we don’t know about .Plays pushed out because of its and young juniors poached.
    Any ideas on a better system.
    What about a point system.100 points for our team. Eg: a player that’s plays for origin or country is worth 10 points.
    Every player must be graded. 1to 10

Juniors is -1 or -2 points.
    If a player has been playing with the same club for over 10 years -1or -2 points.

Posted using RoarFEED

• I have been thinking about centrally issued contracts like the ones in cricket. Let’s say someone like smith, Thurston, Gallen etc is in the category A, hence they got $X plus whatever other clubs can offer in TPAs.

That will keep a lot of transparency on what a teams cap space entails. That will also mean that there aren’t more than 2/3 Cat A players in a team.

Also issue fines instead of suspensions for repeat offenders like Ennis, JWH, matai etc e.g 10% match fee for dissent to a refs call.

Posted using RoarFEED

• @tig_prmz:

I have been thinking about centrally issued contracts like the ones in cricket. Let’s say someone like smith, Thurston, Gallen etc is in the category A, hence they got $X plus whatever other clubs can offer in TPAs.

That will keep a lot of transparency on what a teams cap space entails. That will also mean that there aren’t more than 2/3 Cat A players in a team.

Also issue fines instead of suspensions for repeat offenders like Ennis, JWH, matai etc e.g 10% match fee for dissent to a refs call.

Posted using RoarFEED

What about the draft system

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5

• The salary cap is supposed to serve 2 purposes, firstly to keep the comp even, but secondly to protect clubs from themselves overspending on players.

• I don’t think the AFL has many problems with its current Draft and Cap systems. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Don’t quote me but I think the draft system was tried to put into place the players union stopped it from going through.
    Not sure"I think" there is another push by NRL to get it through.
    I still like the point system!

• @Snapper:

Don’t quote me but I think the draft system was tried to put into place the players union stopped it from going through.
    Not sure"I think" there is another push by NRL to get it through.
    I still like the point system!

Terry Hill broke the draft

• @Newtown:

I don’t think the AFL has many problems with its current Draft and Cap systems. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think their biggest issue is their equivalent to a living away type allowance. I know the bigger Melbourne clubs like Collingwood aren’t happy that a team like Sydney gets concessions even after a couple of premiership victories.

I think it is being phased out shortly.

• @cqtiger:

@Newtown:

I don’t think the AFL has many problems with its current Draft and Cap systems. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think their biggest issue is their equivalent to a living away type allowance. I know the bigger Melbourne clubs like Collingwood aren’t happy that a team like Sydney gets concessions even after a couple of premiership victories.

I think it is being phased out shortly.

End of 2015 sound right ??

Collingwood used to whinge when Brisbane was winning premierships as well for the same reason

• this morning I was listening to R Hadley he was talking about the breaches of the cap and he said broncos couldn’t be touched for cap overspend because their leagues club had paid money to players , the nrl couldn’t go into leagues club books, get this only football club if this is true what a bloody joke the nrl is. I hope you can get the gist of what I am trying to say :bash :brick:

• @tig_prmz:

I have been thinking about centrally issued contracts like the ones in cricket. Let’s say someone like smith, Thurston, Gallen etc is in the category A, hence they got $X plus whatever other clubs can offer in TPAs.

Posted using RoarFEED

In my opinion, it’s these #@!&%$ TPA’s that are the biggest problem. The NRL should take complete control of the TPA’s or ban them all together.

• Why should TPAs be a problem? If third parties wanna put money into the game then they are more than welcome to IMO. It increases the value of the product.

What centrally based contracts will allow is transparency in the salary cap. SBW could be being paid base salary but uncle nick might be topping it up by 500% but if you place him in a top rank and pay him 500k, then it’s gonna be transparent to everyone how much of their cap roosters are using.

This will also mean that 21 yo are not being offered 400k to change clubs (ala Tedesco)

Recent Topics