*Rumor* big announcement regarding Jarryd Hayne imminent

• Big rumors going around there’s going to be an announcement about Jarryd Hayne. Apparently he’s off to the NFL.

• 😆

• He won’t be as well known as here,but good luck to him and showing some diversity in his sporting life…

Hope he shines in his new career ……

• ForumSupporter

I always thought it was spelt ‘rumour’ go figure

• Just because he might sign, doesn’t mean he’s made it. He’ll most probably be relegated to a practice squad. Imagine how he’d go against a guy like Desean Jackson? He might be superman in our code, over there he’s just another ham and egger.

• @GNR,haven’t a few NRL players gone over to NFL but mainly as kickers.
    I don’t know much about that code,but have seen clips where NRL players have moved over there…

Have NRL guys been successful with the move??

• @Geo.:

I always thought it was spelt ‘rumour’ go figure

Unless your Bruce Willis’s or Demi Moore’s daughter

• @TrueTiger:

@GNR,haven’t a few NRL players gone over to NFL but mainly as kickers.
    I don’t know much about that code,but have seen clips where NRL players have moved over there…

Not league players, but AFL players have as punters. Completely different situation. All punters do is come on the field and punt the ball as far as they can, then they’re off the field again. Its probably the most insignificant position in the game.

With Hayne, i think he sees himself as a wide receiver, meaning he’d be a key component of a teams offense. The big difference he’ll find over there is that they’re 10 times the athletes over there, and 10 times the size. He’d be lining up against guys that weigh in excess of 200kg’s, so he better start eating some roids.

• ForumSupporter

Parramatta Eel Jarryd Hayne quits Kangaroos and is headed to America to trial for the NFL
    Phil Rothfield EXCLUSIVE The Daily Telegraph October 15, 2014 10:12AM 0

DALLY M champion Jarryd Hayne is to quit the NRL and switch to NFL in the United States.

The Parramatta Eels superstar will withdraw from Australia’s Four Nations squad in a bombshell announcement to be confirmed later today.

His move is a major blow to the NRL following the loss of Sam Burgess and Sonny Bill Williams.

It is understood Parramatta was only informed of his decision last night.

Hayne was recently in the United States to look at NFL facilities.

He returned home on the day of the Dally M Awards.

The Daily Telegraph informed Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens of the decision this morning.

“You’re kidding me,” said coach Tim Sheens.

“That’s news to me. I’m shocked he didn’t say anything.”

Further details will be announced shortly.

–--------------------

Buzz is all over it…confused by the headline tho…TRIAL? What if he doesn’t cut it…oh and LOL@Parra…

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/parramatta-eel-jarryd-hayne-quits-kangaroos-and-is-headed-to-america-to-trial-for-the-nfl/story-e6frf3tc-1227091016581

• @GNR4LIFE:

@TrueTiger:

Not league players, but AFL players have as punters. Completely different situation. All punters do is come on the field and punt the ball as far as they can, then they’re off the field again. Its probably the most insignificant position in the game.

With Hayne, i think he sees himself as a wide receiver, meaning he’d be a key component of a teams offense. The big difference he’ll find over there is that they 10 times the athletes over there, and 10 times the size. He’d be lining up against guys that weigh in excess of 200kg’s, so he better start eating some roids.

He’d go alright as a running back in my opinion

A lot of NRL players would make good strong and free safety’s

• Thats it Geo, you just don’t sign with an NFL team and you’re an automatic starter like you are here. Especially when you’ve never played the game. He’ll trial, then even if he does make it he might just be on a practice squad, and even if he goes beyond that, he could be a long way down the list before he’s a first or second string player. He might be one of those guys that only comes in for 1 or 2 snaps a game. Its not as glamerous as people are going to make out. He’s no Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson.

• @happy tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@TrueTiger:

With Hayne, i think he sees himself as a wide receiver, meaning he’d be a key component of a teams offense. The big difference he’ll find over there is that they 10 times the athletes over there, and 10 times the size. He’d be lining up against guys that weigh in excess of 200kg’s, so he better start eating some roids.

He’d go alright as a running back in my opinion

A lot of NRL players would make good strong and free safety’s

Maybe, but the hits he’d be taking will pack a bit more punch then the ones he cops now considering that linebackers are double the size of your average first graders.

• Hayne’s open letter to Parra fans

Dear Blue and Gold Army,

For the past 24 months I’ve been thinking about having a crack in the NFL, and over the last 12 months I’ve been seriously considering it.

Today I can officially announce that I will be heading to the United States to pursue an opportunity to play American Football.

I will be withdrawing from the Kangaroos Four Nations side immediately, and accepting a conditional release from the Eels to make the move overseas.

The reason I didn’t make this decision any earlier was because of the part I played in getting Brad to the club and the way we finished the season. I felt I owed the Club one more year and I gave it everything I could.

It’s always been a dream of mine to play in the NFL, and at my age, this is my one and only chance at having a crack at playing there.

I’m excited about the potential opportunities that lie ahead. I’ve known the deadline has been looming for me to make this call, and I believe the right time is now.

I’m so passionate about the challenge that lies ahead for me, not only as an athlete but more so as a person. It’s the hardest decision I have ever had to make in my life. I’m leaving my teammates, friends, and most importantly my family; but for me to grow as an athlete and a person I feel this is the right step to take.

It hasn’t been an easy decision for me to leave the Eels, the club’s been my home and family since I was 13, and I’ve always been proud to pull on the Blue and Gold jersey with my teammates.

The hardest thing about leaving the club is there’s stability for the first time in a long time, but I know where my heart lies and I’m following that.

’m always telling people to chase their dreams and follow their hearts, if I don’t live by that I’m not being honest with myself.

I’m leaving knowing that I have signed a ‘lifetime agreement’ with the Eels, so if I return to the NRL, it will be to Parramatta.

I’m grateful to all of you for the support you’ve shown me at this club, thank you.

Jarryd Hayne

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2014/10/15/hayne_announces_move_to_us.html

Guess that means its official

• Looks like the spoon for Parra next year !
    And the Maroons to return to the winners circle !

Posted using RoarFEED

• I have to feel for the Eels fans after they read his letter.

Recent Topics