New board, same dumb decisions.

• Gavet to Broncos.
    Austin to Raiders.
    Why not tell Ricky, give us Crocker and you can have Austin and Moltzen as a package. Cronulla did it to us with Fifita in the Gibbs deal. Tell me if I’m wrong, aren’t there rules where you can’t approach contracted players, what are the NRL doing. Clubs are smart with how they get into opposition players heads into making a switch, in the same process their actions are indirectly getting the ball rolling into alienating the player and their current club, a while later he seeks a release. In the final wash up we get nothing in return because of the incompetent people running our club. We only offer a statement saying, there is no need to keep a player at the club that doesn’t want to be here. Well do something you dopes, not just leaving the door open for the next player who wants to get out. At least get a monetary settlement. Mayer and Co are you prepared to listen and learn.

Posted using RoarFEED

• I don’t think you thought this thread through particularly well.

• ur 100% right, we are easy prey for every other club, maybe the girls on the board need to grow a set of ……!

• @bp tiger:

ur 100% right, we are easy prey for every other club, maybe the girls on the board need to grow a set of ……!

Dumb sexist comment.

Posted using RoarFEED

• Kill it before it multiplies.

• I agree with the underlying message that we could have used the position as leverage, but this has nothing to do with the board.

• ForumSupporter

Hmm…Batba left the Dogs…Milford left the Raiders….Burgess left the Bunnies…Hayne has left the Eels,Morris is close to leaving the Dragons…all under contract…this happens at most if not all Clubs

Over-reacting much…lets wait and see who they are replaced with before the pitchforks come out shall we…

• Banned

Sorry but it appears the OP has little idea how a football club operates

Posted using RoarFEED

• @alexaki:

Posted using RoarFEED

How does it operate

Posted using RoarFEED

• the nrl came out last month i believe and said there are no restrictions in players talking to other clubs at any time contracts cant be registered until the final year of the contract in rd 13. there will be reasons behind the decisions made that the club have no need to divulge until the time is right the patience of some people is the thing that gets me

• @alexaki:

Posted using RoarFEED

Don’t be sorry for being correct.

• What stupid thread.

Gavet is surplus to our need, has discipline & attitude problems, so i’m more than happy to get rid of him.

Austin will be a depth player here & he knows that. You don’t pay big $ to a depth player.

Raiders would’ve offered him 3 times more than we were willing to pay, and still got a good deal. Austin will be a starter at Canberra.

There’s no chance i could ever support us hoarding players & preventing them from better earning & playing opportunities.

Especially when we need cash to buy players in other positions.

The new board has done the right thing here regarding both players

• @bp tiger:

ur 100% right, we are easy prey for every other club, maybe the girls on the board need to grow a set of ……!

Get a life you archaic, simple-minded dickhead

• Banned

Both fringe first graders. Get over it.

• @tigermaniac:

@alexaki:

Posted using RoarFEED

How does it operate

Posted using RoarFEED

the fact you asked such a simplistic question of which there is no simple answer shows you do not have the intellectual capacity to be discussing such matters.

Recent Topics