Maranta - rumour

• According to the lurker we are a chance at getting him released from the broncos.

• Lachlan maranta is it?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5

• @Bones:

According to the lurker we are a chance at getting him released from the broncos.

He is a courageous winger with good speed.

• Would be a good signing. A young winger who strikes me as a player who could develop into any position 1-5.

• No no no no no no!!!

• He goes alright, but its a centre we need, not a winger. Maybe he could shift Noffa into the centres.

• We don’t need wingers. Centre or Backrower only

• @GNR4LIFE:

He goes alright, but its a centre we need, not a winger. Maybe he could shift Noffa into the centres.

That’s my thought.

Richards & Simona on the left, and Maranta and Nofo on the right.

• I would like to think what little cap space we have available will be directed at a player who is a walk up start into our top 17. I am not sure if Maranta fits that bill, not because of his football ability, but I think we can cover the wing position from within

• Banned

Anyone know much about Maranta before he played NRL? Would like to know if he played wing or Centre?

I remember when Josh Morris was at St George, he was going OK but nothing special, and Nathan Brown said "he’s a left Centre but we have Matt Cooper there’…Morris goes to Canterbury to play his preferred position and goes from a promising first grader to an international.

Not saying Maranta can do that, but be interesting to know if he has come through the grades as a winger or a Centre.

• @supercoach:

I would like to think what little cap space we have available will be directed at a player who is a walk up start into our top 17. I am not sure if Maranta fits that bill, not because of his football ability, but I think we can cover the wing position from within

Well this is true as well. That, and the $500K elephant in the room.

• ForumSupporter

The Lurker has a 76.5876% success rate …Ask him…

Maranta is quick safe under the high ball and can score a try…

• I like Maranta. He’s shown to be fast and has a heart. He wouldn’t break the bank at all and would be a step up from a lot of what we’ve ran out on the wing last year. Remember playing Paterson and Akauola on the wing in first grade? He’s also played 42 first grade games and at 22 is probably only just coming into the right body and mind to really take the game by the scruff of the neck. Strikes me as intelligent squad building more than anything.

QLD U20s fullback. 2012 Broncos rookie of the year. He’s got a pedigree. I’d be very happy to have him.

• Maranta has scored 12 tries in 44 appearances over 3 seasons.

12 - 7 games, 2 tries
    13 - 18 games, 5 tries
    14 - 17 games, 5 tries

By comparison, Nofo has scored 15 tries in 30 games.

13 - 15 games, 8 tries
    14 - 15 games, 7 tries

Didn’t watch Brisbane games hard enough to see whether he was getting crap service or if they were going to the opposite side.

Recent Topics