McQueen to Tigers - RLW Mole

• McQueen
    ANOTHER Bunnies star is in hot demand in the wake of the club’s landmark grand final win – back-rower Chris McQueen.

The hard-running McQueen signed a new deal at Souths just a few months ago – but that appears to mean little in 2014.

Word is that the Tigers are sniffing around the big second-rower, and may make Souths an offer in coming weeks.

If we can get him I would be over the moon

• I don’t know about McQueen. I feel like he had a really good patch of footy, but then fell away. He’s a great athlete though, as long as we don’t pay overs I’d be happy with the signing - being a QLD rep though, I’d imagine we would be paying a bit.

We should be going all out for Auva’a IMO.

• Would be pretty happy with this signing. Hope its true

• Great buy if we can get him! Hopefully not to much coin.

• Agree with Moh, I’d rather Auva’a but I’d still be very happy with McQueen.

Even though it’d be a bit funny seeing McQueen run around in a Tigers jersey with his Souths player number tattooed on his neck.

• I would take both

• @Milky:

I would take both

Why not? Signing would be well worth the cost outlay.

• I would hope that the new footy manager in charge of the cap stuff, what’s his name? Moss? Is as smart as we’ve been told. If so McQueen would be handy and our books not cooked.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4

• He will come at a hefty price, but we badly need some first grade quality backrowers and McQueen fits the role

• I’d want both but if we can only get one than Avau’a (sp) would be my choice

• I think McQueen is a pretty good player, and if money was not a factor would welcome him here for sure.

However I suspect given he is coming from the premiers and has played origin in recent times his price is likely to be top level, I dont believe we would get top level performance from him.

I would far prefer to sign someone like Dale Finucane or Kyle Turner who would be far cheaper and IMO give similar quality performance.

• I think McQueen is a pretty good player, and if money was not a factor would welcome him here for sure.

However I suspect given he is coming from the premiers and has played origin in recent times his price is likely to be top level, I dont believe we would get top level performance from him.

I would far prefer to sign someone like Dale Finucane or Kyle Turner who would be far cheaper and IMO give similar quality performance.

• We must have a bit of coin left for both Chris and Kirisome. We need both as they are in the positions of need!

• I thought this idiot was ride or die Redfern?
    Also, isn’t he contracted for 2015 + 2016 ??

Would that mean if he was to leave South Syd, they’d be paying most of his wage?

Maybe they need to offload some one to keep both Reyno & Keary…
    Just speculating here.

McQueen is a good player on his day, massive step up from Bodene and Patterson.
    Wouldn’t want an Adam Blair repeat… Only here for the $$ and not having a solid go each week.

He was on the bench for the bunnies at the back end of this year, wasn’t he??
    Why?
    Maybe he’s the one that wants out of there…

~ Speculation ~

• Good player and solid. I think he’s an effective role player but still can’t believe he got picked (repeatedly) for QLD. I really hope that we don’t go out of our way to sign him because knowing us he would be lauded as a major signing which will do us more damage than good. IMO we can find enough two-dimensional players from our juniors/reserves.
    Auva’a or Walker are different stories altogether. They are class. I’d be over the moon with either.

Recent Topics