Mathew Lodge

I heard we are signing matt lodge for at least one more year…. How long should we sign him for? He is also great friends with Brooksie and Moses… Hopefully that temps him to stay longer… How long should we sign him for??

As long as possible…
He’s still only young.

3 year deal.
Then hopefully extend if he keeps improving.

@Demps:

As long as possible…
He’s still only young.

3 year deal.
Then hopefully extend if he keeps improving.

Agree Demps - looks like a winner at this stage.
I’m all for winners.

Lodge is off contract end of this season and his next contract should be dependent on his first 12 weeks

At this stage you couldn’t offer more than a two year contract

He still has a long way to go

Sign him for LIFE…like we did Benji Heigno Gibbs Lawrence Farah …wait

2 years after this one sounds about right

I think he should get 2 more years with us,he shows huge potential and is still learning,will be a prop of the future in my opinion….

He will also benefit greatly from the NRL experiences he has had…

I clocked off at the end of last yr, so didn’t really take much notice of him. I’ll be watching him with interest this yr.

@GNR4LIFE:

I clocked off at the end of last yr, so didn’t really take much notice of him. I’ll be watching him with interest this yr.

gee i hope we all dont have to clock of early this year, if so some ones head will have to roll i guess.

@bp tiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

gee i hope we all dont have to clock of early this year, if so some ones head will have to roll i guess.

We should do a poll to see when we think we will be out of semi final contention

I reckon we will be out of mathematical contention by Round 21

Hope I’m extremely wrong though

i will start it off, i think after round 12 we will see that it is a dream to far, the club has left the ranks thin bare and we will struggle.

@bp tiger:

i will start it off, i think after round 12 we will see that it is a dream to far, the club has left the ranks thin bare and we will struggle.

There is an actual poll now BP , sorry to get the thread off track

If we can keep Lodge and Woods together with Taupau , we would have the cornerstone to a good prop rotation

@GNR4LIFE:

You weren’t the only one - and at least you weren’t collecting a pay cheque.

3 years, we need some size and mongrel.

Top Level props are either developed locally (Woods) or they cost a fortune to buy when at Origin level (Merrin, JWH).

I don’t see too many 20 year old front rowers who can fit in at NRL at this young age. Buchanan is an example of how many potential guns just don’t cut it.

My opinion is only injury or ego will stop Lodge playing origin- one of the few worth signing for three years in my opinion. I’d hate to lose him to the rich clubs in two years.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5

He is not a plodder like a few others we have on our books so you would have to offer him decent coin and at least two with a one year option in the clubs favour.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.