Crowd Figures 2015

• Watching the crowds in the A League and the Big Bash - so much better than the 2014 NRL crowds.
    Should the NRL subsidise ticket prices? After all, the big $ earner is TV income.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5

• hot dogz, pies & beer with chips as well

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.1.7

• for the box people - king prawns

• @tigergirlz:

Watching the crowds in the A League and the Big Bash - so much better than the 2014 NRL crowds.
    Should the NRL subsidise ticket prices? After all, the big $ earner is TV income.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5[/quote

I hear ya

• I still think the key for memberships is to make them transferable

I can be a WT’s supporter , but use my membership to go to Broncos games ,Titans games etc

As long as they aren’t sold out , would be the stipulation and they would only be transferable to general admission

I honestly reckon you would get an extra 100 -150 000 memberships a season easy

• ForumSupporter

Who’d wanna go and watch the Broncos or Titans play if it wasn;t involving WT …geez…

It’s a TV product now…Crowds will continue to fall

• @Geo.:

Who’d wanna go and watch the Broncos or Titans play if it wasn;t involving WT …geez…

How many Qlders live in Sydney now or NSW fans live in Qld

If they could get to see their teams play a couple of times a year even as away fans I reckon many would join

• @happy tiger:

@Geo.:

How many Qlders live in Sydney now or NSW fans live in Qld

If they could get to see their teams play a couple of times a year even as away fans I reckon many would join

well then you set up an away membership or Out of State memberships.

few are going to go, hey im a Souths fan but let’s go see Broncos vs Melbourne at Suncorp this evening and if they do they can simply buy a ticket which is more revenue for the NRL than memberships anyway.

it’s all well and good to make up these ideas that lose the NRL tonnes in revenue but we live in a financial world. If we didnt we could just make all NRL games free with free food, im sure crowds would go up heaps if we did that!!

• Less daytime footy will see crowds drop further

• Crowd figures are usually controlled by the success of your football team. If the comp is close and all teams are in the hunt for most of the year you will get good crowds, but if the comp is split early into probables and pretenders you will see crowd figures drop. THe people who buy memberships turn up week and week out and probably only make up 40% of the crowd it’s the fickle 60% who jump onto a winning bandwagon and jump off just as quick when things are not going so well.

You also need luck with the weather, in the last few years we have been cursed along with most other Sydney clubs

• @supercoach:

Crowd figures are usually controlled by the success of your football team. If the comp is close and all teams are in the hunt for most of the year you will get good crowds, but if the comp is split early into probables and pretenders you will see crowd figures drop. THe people who buy memberships turn up week and week out and probably only make up 40% of the crowd it’s the fickle 60% who jump onto a winning bandwagon and jump off just as quick when things are not going so well.

You also need luck with the weather, in the last few years we have been cursed along with most other Sydney clubs

thats irrelevant though, the NRL cant control that and most people at the club cant control that either (except players/coaches).

you want strong marketing, good choices/prices and good ideas like rolling memberships.

• Aleague crowds are absolutely terrible considering the amount of teams per city/town.

If Sydney only had 2 NRL teams ANZ Stadium would be sold out every weekend either one of them plays.

• when the heritage round’s arrive, why not make it $2 entry per person
    more people will turn up ,bigger crowd, better atmosphere.

• Totally agree with you Supercoach that winning form is good form and the fans will come if the team keeps winning.Also the weather does play a part in crowds going to football especially to smaller suburban grounds with little cover…

Having said that I also agree with pHyR3 that marketing and giving cheaper entry can also help…

Our game is a business and a very competative product,how well you can promote the product to the populus is what makes it profitable and successful …

Recent Topics