Tigers 2015 vs Roosters 2012

Call me crazy… but…

I can remember back in 2012 the Roosters didn’t sign anyone. They’d sacked Todd Carney… and let Nate Myles and Jason Ryles leave the club. (Plus a further 10 squad players) They added 4 players to their books. (Daniel Mortimer was one of them and the only one of the 4 still playing professionally)

They - “The Transit Lounge” - Hadn’t even filled up their cap. They had an average but not disastrous season. Seemed like that was the plan all along. Brian Smith’s legacy to Trent Robinson was that the following season they had a decent squad with space in the cap for…

Michael Jennings
James Maloney
Luke O’Donnell
Sam Moa
and of course - Sonny Bill Williams

With Jason Taylor being a Brian Smith tribute band, I often wonder if he is trying to emulate this at Wests Tigers. He was there… was a part of it. Or is it a case of we are are chockers with our cap because we’ve signed up most of the youngsters?

If Harry was as passionate as Nick when it comes to outlaying money we would have the auditors turning up on a weekly basis.

@Tigertigertiger:

If Harry was as passionate as Nick when it comes to outlaying money we would have the auditors turning up on a weekly basis.

One difference between Wests and Easts though is we at Wests dont have a former club legend who is the salary cap auditor in Ian Schubert former Rooster legend.

The Shoe also played for the Magpies (and Manly). Doesn’t seem to do us any good around audit time.

@Jerry Seinfeld:

@Tigertigertiger:

One difference between Wests and Easts though is we at Wests dont have a former club legend who is the salary cap auditor in Ian Schubert former Rooster legend.

Schubert resigned in December 2013….

I still shake my head at the fact that they bought
SBW, Jennings, Maloney and O’Donnell in one off-season. Look at the dramas at Manly trying to retain DCE and Foran. Look at the problems we had just to give Blair 450-500k. We would’ve lost Brooks or Moses had we not lost Benji. It’s ridiculous to even contemplate that they could achieve that cap space in one off season.

Posted using RoarFEED

HA HA HA HA RORTERS SALARY CAP WHAT A JOKE

Not that I’m a fan of the Roosters, But you can hardly hold the fact that they are a better run club than most against them.
If it were us, We wouldn’t be complaining.
In fairness, Maloney was signed in 2011? And paid in advance in 2012 - Well documented. SBW was mostly paid by channel 9 and outside sponsors, - I remember one game where he had different sponsors on his jersey than the rest of the team.
LOD was signed for a song, and just another chance for him to go round for a year - Got the premiership ring he has deserved.
And Jennings was paid (in part at least) by the Panthers…
And like I said, They run the joint better than we could possibly understand… Can’t hold it against them!!

Didn’t our former CEO Steve Noyce go over to the Roosters?

We had him and let him go and replaced him with Humphries from memory. Happy to be corrected on these facts, but I checked as best I could.

If Humphries replaced Noyce, what hope did we ever have??? Still paying for it.

@OutbackJack:

Didn’t our former CEO Steve Noyce go over to the Roosters?

We had him and let him go and replaced him with Humphreys from memory. Happy to be corrected on these facts, but I checked as best I could.

If Humphreys replaced Noyce, what hope did we ever have??? Still paying for it.

Steve Noyce resigned middle of 2008 he was not let go. Scott Longmuir replaced him and lasted until about April 2009 and then Humphries came in roughly August of that year so about a year after Noyce had left the club

Dont get me started on the Roorters!

Hopefully the cocaine trail will lead to the source!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.